Engle

Credit Card Compromised

Has anyone here had their credit card number stolen after using their credit card to renew their membership dues at FMCA?

I used a credit card that I do not use very often last Thursday. Mysteriously, my card was used at Good Sams RV the next morning. I haven't made a purchase at Good Sams in month's.

Engle, Welcome to the Forum!

I have had this happen on several occasions, NONE with my FMCA renewal. I have tried to connect the dots and nothing ever makes sense. I will say its probably a coincidence. I'm going on my 4th time and the last one was last week. Very frustrating!!

I talked to Good Sams today. I just so happens that it was time for my membership to renew so for some crazy idea, they just run the charge through for a dollar initially to see if the card is good. This charge for only a dollar is what triggered the credit card company to contact me. 

10 hours ago, jleamont said:

...I have had this happen on several occasions, NONE with my FMCA renewal...

Same here.

All of our credit card processing systems are fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Council. This is also known as PCI Compliance. PCI Compliance was created to protect credit card data by creating standards for how credit card data is stored, processed and transmitted.

Here is a great resource that can answer any questions anyone might have about PCI Compliance.

https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pci-faqs-2/#1

2 hours ago, FMCANationalOffice said:
All of our credit card processing systems are fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Council. This is also known as PCI Compliance. PCI Compliance was created to protect credit card data by creating standards for how credit card data is stored, processed and transmitted.

Here is a great resource that can answer any questions anyone might have about PCI Compliance.

https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pci-faqs-2/#1

It lookes like Engle's card wasen't hacked or stolen. Just the normal use when you click on that auto renewal option.:blink:

Bill

Sometimes you don't have to click on anything, the auto renewal is in the fine print and you have to click to stop it.  With Sirius/XM Radio auto renewal is auto matic!  Caveat Emptor!  Let the buyer beware!  This is why you should get on-line and check your credit card charges frequently.  Don't just pay the bill, check the charges carefully when each bill arrives.

8 hours ago, TBUTLER said:

Sometimes you don't have to click on anything, the auto renewal is in the fine print and you have to click to stop it.  With Sirius/XM Radio auto renewal is auto matic!  Caveat Emptor!  Let the buyer beware!  This is why you should get on-line and check your credit card charges frequently.  Don't just pay the bill, check the charges carefully when each bill arrives.

That auto feature they have is the reason I cancelled my service with Sirius, plus the commercials.

15 minutes ago, jleamont said:

That auto feature they have is the reason I cancelled my service with Sirius, plus the commercials.

We kept the MH subscription and cancelled the other two.  XM/Sirius is really getting high.  You have to ask for specials, threaten to cancel, etc, for them to back off their initial price.  You can either buy a small used car...or subscribe to XM/Sirius for three vehicles.:D

Sirius policy is a REAL PITA.... I call them on each of my accounts every 5 months just before the expiration date, and tell them flatly, either cancel the account effective at end of that period - or - renew for as long as possible at no more than $5.00 per month..As I only use the cars every other day or so, that's the absolute most I'll pay for their service.... they have given me these "special deals" for 5 month periods now over and over for last 3 years. PITA to have to keep track of the dates and make sure I don't let them rip me off with their auto-renewal... but have been able to do it. They actually did cancel it once but then a few minutes later, another agent called and re-instated it with the "special deal".