glsponchos

Nationwide Health Insurance

Is anyone familiar, or preferably have experience, with a Nationwide PPO plan offered by US Health (RVer Insurance)?  They offer a plan that has an out of network option that seems to cover us out of our home state.  Its not ACA compliant and would require us to pay the Obama penalty.  Overall, its a little more expensive that what we can get from Marketplace, but the Marketplace offers no protection when out of our home base.

glsponchos,

Like Bill said, never heard of this company. Even under Obamacare your Medicare and supplemental coverage is good nation wide. Now when out of the US there may be some difficulties to coverage by some companies. If I remember correctly when traveling abroad you should always contact you insurance company and ask if you are covered when abroad. and if not do they have a rider to maintain coverage when abroad. That should include both Canada and Mexico.

Good luck and stay healthy.

Herman 

I'm also on Medicare using a Medicare Advantage program.  I have $25,000 coverage outside the US for emergency/urgent care.  In the US I have full Medicare coverage for emergency care even out of network area.