JustCruzzin

Got My Pressure Pro TPMS Today..........

Just got my TPMS in the mail today great deal from supplier in AZ; $820.00 out the door including shipping. Setup is for RV & toad.

Disregard the black item in the top left that is my wifi....

IMG_0361.JPG

In 17 year of traveling full time (over 250,00 miles) we have only had tire troubles twice.  Both of those events combined cost us less than $820.00 and if you consider that having advance knowledge would have saved us something, we would have only saved the price of one tire (a couple of hundred dollars).

Good luck.  There's certainly nothing like piece of mind but if you are in the middle of nowhere and you have a flat you will not be any farther ahead if the TPMS tells you that you have a flat or if you feel the thumping indicating that you have a flat.  I have never had a slow leak issue that I did not find by checking my tire pressures before I travel so I guess if you are not the kind that makes regular tire pressure checks this should be an excellent investment.

I recently had 4 new tires installed.  Life is good, right?  When I got to my first destination the tag axle tires were reading low.  I filled them to the proper pressure and I have not seen any issues since.  Must have been something stuck but now, no leaks.

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

In 17 year of traveling full time (over 250,00 miles) we have only had tire troubles twice.  Both of those events combined cost us less than $820.00 and if you consider that having advance knowledge would have saved us something, we would have only saved the price of one tire (a couple of hundred dollars).

Good luck.  There's certainly nothing like piece of mind but if you are in the middle of nowhere and you have a flat you will not be any farther ahead if the TPMS tells you that you have a flat or if you feel the thumping indicating that you have a flat.  I have never had a slow leak issue that I did not find by checking my tire pressures before I travel so I guess if you are not the kind that makes regular tire pressure checks this should be an excellent investment.

I recently had 4 new tires installed.  Life is good, right?  When I got to my first destination the tag axle tires were reading low.  I filled them to the proper pressure and I have not seen any issues since.  Must have been something stuck but now, no leaks.

You have a valid point, "that the sudden blowout leaves a no win situation". I am trying to monitor the wear factor and slow leaks that creep up on you in both the RV and toad which I would prefer not to have turn into a failed tire. We have brand new tires on now and hope to gain many miles on them. And not to mention the fact of fuel savings is a nice way of re-cooping monies spent. I think that $820 is a small price to pay for maximizing family safety. But I don't think it to be the pressure checks scenario as it would be those times when weather for one would make that task a bit bitter.

It only takes once.  I agree.  A small price to pay for safety.  It doesn't remove the responsibility to do your tire maintenance, but it does make it easier.  I have Pressure Pro tied into the SilverLeaf system on our coach.  

11 hours ago, CarlAda said:

It only takes once.  I agree.  A small price to pay for safety.  It doesn't remove the responsibility to do your tire maintenance, but it does make it easier.  I have Pressure Pro tied into the SilverLeaf system on our coach.  

Do all SilverLeaf systems do this? I have it also.

11 hours ago, JustCruzzin said:

Do all SilverLeaf systems do this? I have it also.

You have to purchase an interface (and the sensors, of course). Link

I'm surprised at the Pressure Pro pricing as the competitor, TST, has a set with 10 flow thru valves at a couple hundred dollars cheaper even with an extra extended warranty.

I really like the Flow Thru valves as it is so much easier to increase or decrease pressure as needed.

8 hours ago, Wayne77590 said:

I'm surprised at the Pressure Pro pricing as the competitor, TST, has a set with 10 flow thru valves at a couple hundred dollars cheaper even with an extra extended warranty.

I really like the Flow Thru valves as it is so much easier to increase or decrease pressure as needed.

Are the batteries replaceable?

25 minutes ago, desertdeals69 said:

The TST batteries, as well as the TireMinder, are user replaceable .... Pressure Pro are not.

8 minutes ago, CarlAda said:

The TST batteries, as well as the TireMinder, are user replaceable .... Pressure Pro are not.

Thanks,  I use Tire Minder,  I am currently using the blue tooth model with my smartphone as the monitor.

18 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

Yes, and easily so. They even send you some extra screws just in case you loose one.

I got the Flo Thru for the RV but my vogue tire rims would have them sticking out to far so I got the non-Flo Thru for the TOAD.  After about a year I had to replace batteries in one Flo Thru.  Next time one goes dead I'll replace all the batteries just for 'cause.

The Flow Thru have set screws to anchor to the stem on the RV. In conversation with TST they are not needed but for security and peace of mind they are there.  The non-Flo Thru just screw on but the anti-theft is that the outer shell spins if trying to take them off.   There is a tool for removing the spinning ones. The outer shell can be removed for a smaller foot print and then can be taken off by hand..

In retrospect, any TPMS system is worth the investment as far as I'm concerned.  Get ready to move, turn on monitor and start tear down of sewer, etc., check monitor and if pressures are not where I want them I add or take out air.  Without TPMS one can check the tires before they move but who knows that a nail or something causes a slow leak just after leaving a campground.  With the TPMS set correctly it will immediately notify the driver if a pressure falls below set point. Pull over, inspect, call for service if needed saving the other dual if it is a rear tire.

Pressure pro saved my tail 2x. Once a valve stem extension started to leak another time I had a tire tread loose. 

I like being able to toggle through my pressures before leaving. 

On 12/10/2016 at 11:08 AM, Wayne77590 said:

Not sure why so many seem to want to mess with their tire pressure.

Now I can be pretty anal about tires but I have my TireTraker TPMS set to warn at the minimum inflation I need for my measured load based on the published industry tables.

My CIP is 10% above the minimum needed so I have a nice margin. I can monitor the pressure using the "Morning Reset" feature so I know my morning CIP without getting out of the coach in the AM. Pressure goes up and it goes down but with pressure only changing about 2% for each 10F I would have to see a 50F drop before I would have to add air to stay in my 10% margin range.

One thing people seem to forget is that you let a bit of air out every time you check the air and this can add up. The other negative with repeated air checks is the potential for having a valve core stick open as seen in this post.

I have writen that monitoring your tires is Not Rocket Science.

Once you know your weights and your CIP and set your TPMS you should be good to go for weeks of travel and never having to touch your tires other than to put the covers on and off.  Now get out there and see the country.  Unless it's snowing like here in NE Ohio :(

Dec_13_16.JPG

46 minutes ago, Tireman9 said:

Unless it's snowing like here in NE Ohio :(

Coming to a town near here (Southeastern PA) this weekend :(.

Tireman I feel your pain.....come on April....

Roger, 100 percent with you on messing with tire pressures.  However I purchased the flow through because we live on the Gulf Coast with temperatures in the 90+˚ range and when we take our trip out west and up the 101 there can be a 40-50 degree temperature change or more.  I'll reset one time on the Left Coast and then when we return to the warmer climes I again reset.  Basically twice a year. They also allow me to make sure the monitor is reporting correctly by using a digital tire gauge, one you recommended on another thread.  (Nope, don't have a calibrated one - yet!)

p.s., please don't post pictures of that white stuff. I sit here and shiver.  Last two days we had the air conditioning on here at the S&B, but today is just keep the doors closed and maintain a nice comfortable 72-73 degrees in the house without AC or heat.

Come on down!

One think to note; My TireTraker remembers the pressure from the last day of use. So the next morning the pressures you see on the monitor are yesterdays readings. It may take up to 20 minutes to refresh. The "morning reset"/"Auto reset" is mentioned in the manual (back on page 20) but should be in bold right up front, because it gives a "false sense of security". The manual says it "continously" monitors the pressure and tempature. I found that if I remove a sensor from a tire after I shut down for the night, the next morning I can drive for up to 20 minutes before the monitor goes into alarm. Glad it wasn't a flat inside dual since I looked at all the tires I could see before I pulled out.

I have Tire Minder blue tooth and I leave it on all the time.  If I leave the coach or toad my phone will disconnect the blue tooth.  I always have the current status.

On 12/18/2016 at 4:19 PM, lewengel said:

One think to note; My TireTraker remembers the pressure from the last day of use. So the next morning the pressures you see on the monitor are yesterdays readings. It may take up to 20 minutes to refresh. The "morning reset"/"Auto reset" is mentioned in the manual (back on page 20) but should be in bold right up front, because it gives a "false sense of security". The manual says it "continously" monitors the pressure and tempature. I found that if I remove a sensor from a tire after I shut down for the night, the next morning I can drive for up to 20 minutes before the monitor goes into alarm. Glad it wasn't a flat inside dual since I looked at all the tires I could see before I pulled out.

I shut the Traker off when I park. In AM I turn on the Traker right after turning on the coffee maker. That way by the time I'm dressed,and have finished breakfast I have current tire pressure readings.

The "continuous" is correct in that it would notify within a few seconds of air pressure loss. MOST / All? TPMS only update at regular pressure (no loss) about once every 15 min or so otherwise battery life would be low.

On 12/19/2016 at 8:06 PM, desertdeals69 said:

I have Tire Minder blue tooth and I leave it on all the time.  If I leave the coach or toad my phone will disconnect the blue tooth.  I always have the current status.

Interesting.  Have you confirmed that you get notified "at once" of a slight increase in temperature of the sensor? Bet if you used hair dryer and just warmed the sensor by 10F it would not show up at once.  I can't test every brand so if someone has a TPMS that updates every 10 to 20 seconds and not every 15 to 20 min when parked I would be interested.

I have confirmed that old batteries = longer "parked" update time