colt9

Replacing Black & White Back Up Camera

I have a back up camera ON MY 2005 TRAIL LITE MODEL 218  that is black and white.

Can I replace the camera and screen with new color one using the same old cable?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

COLT9

colt9

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Probably the best source of what will offer you a "plug an play" based on our present system is to contact these guys with exactly what make and model you currently have.

This is what they do for a living and have a number of adapters for going from one type of connection to another. They also have technicians if you run into problems :

http://www.rvcams.com/

I just finished working with Tim at www.RVcams.com .  You can drop Tim an e-mail at Tim@rvcams.com .  He is very knowledgeable and very helpful.

The direct answer to your question is yes, absolutely.  Will it be a plug and play replacement?  Maybe not but it certainly is doable.

I just updated my 1988 B&W Intec backup system to a full color Voyager backup system.  I took everything out except the actual wiring harness from front to rear and RV Cams sent along a wiring diagram explaining what needed to be wired to what and it was just a matter of making some connections with 5 very small wires.  They recommend twisting and soldering the wires but using some butt connectors did the job just as well.  If I am every walking around just desperate to find something to do I am solder the wires in the future (no, I'm good unless the connections fail!).

In any case, drop Tim a line and/or visit their website.  I rarely run into a company that does all they promise so I simply cannot say enough good about these folks.  Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer about my conversion.  By the way, I have had NO B/U camera since about 2006 or so giving me serious concerns that what Tim said would actually work.  It did and it does!  Awesome.

3 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

colt9

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Probably the best source of what will offer you a "plug an play" based on our present system is to contact these guys with exactly what make and model you currently have.

This is what they do for a living and have a number of adapters for going from one type of connection to another. They also have technicians if you run into problems :

http://www.rvcams.com/

Thanks Guys, Ill be in touch with them.

Cheers

Colt9

I replaced my monitor from b&w tube to color LCD using same camera's  To my pleasant surprise the camera's displayed in color  The connectors are 6 terminals rear and 4 terminals side cameras  Try changing the monitor and you may get surprise