ke4jr

Looking For An Rest Easy Sofa

We are the newly proud owners of a 2004 Winnebago Journey, after trading up from a Fleetwood Bounder.

We love this coach and worked on it to get it ready for the maiden voyage in November.

We set out on a month long tour thinking the fold out sofa was OK, and invited my wife's cousin and wife to join us. We apparently it was replaced with a conventional fold out that did not fold out all the way so, he slept on the floor and she slept on the dinette twin bed. We made the best of it, but now we need to replace the sofa, hopefully with the original Rest Easy electric that the Journey came with.

According to Winnebago Parts it's the model #145668-01-R70.

Open for suggestions or if anyone has one and wants to get rid of it, please email me at ke4jr@outlook.com.

ke4jr, locating what came in it from the factory in nice condition might be a real task. I replaced a missing Jlounge with a double recliner I bought from this company.

https://shop4seats.com/

Depending on where you reside search the web or ebay. I found that most of this stuff is available for pick up in the Indiana area (RV manufacture capitol).

It does not have to be an "RV" sofa.  Usually you can find replacement furniture that is both better and cheaper than what they put in these coaches...just check around and see what will fit.

Five is correct just make sure that the couch has a steel frame that can be secured to the floor and that it can accomadate seat belts.  Better to be safe than sorry. 

Herman 

On 12/29/2016 at 10:35 AM, ke4jr said:

We are the newly proud owners of a 2004 Winnebago Journey, after trading up from a Fleetwood Bounder.

We love this coach and worked on it to get it ready for the maiden voyage in November.

We set out on a month long tour thinking the fold out sofa was OK, and invited my wife's cousin and wife to join us. We apparently it was replaced with a conventional fold out that did not fold out all the way so, he slept on the floor and she slept on the dinette twin bed. We made the best of it, but now we need to replace the sofa, hopefully with the original Rest Easy electric that the Journey came with.

According to Winnebago Parts it's the model #145668-01-R70.

Open for suggestions or if anyone has one and wants to get rid of it, please email me at ke4jr@outlook.com.

I have a 2004 Itaska Suncruiser. I would like to get rid of our never used sofa if you have not found one yet.

Check with the salvage yards such as Bontraggers in Mi.  They have quite an assortment of sofa sleepers brand new at a fairly reasonable price.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:19 AM, jleamont said:

ke4jr, locating what came in it from the factory in nice condition might be a real task. I replaced a missing Jlounge with a double recliner I bought from this company.

https://shop4seats.com/

Depending on where you reside search the web or ebay. I found that most of this stuff is available for pick up in the Indiana area (RV manufacture capitol).

Purchased one from shop4seats, ours came in 3 parts, easy install.

Just as an addendum to this topic, I wanted the same thing and went to Winnebago to see about buying a replacement.  This is a direct quote from Betty Williams in Winnebago Service:
" depending on the fabric chosen – a new sofa could be more than $5300.00 – plus shipping and tax."

This information may impact the decision to pursue the purchase of a new one.

ke4jr, are you still in the Tampa area? If so Bobs RV parts is at the Alachua/ High Springs exit I-75, about 3 miles North on 41, they have a pretty good assortment of salvage parts, no internet sales.

Also, www.mckinneyrv.com/ is in Red Bay Alabama, has a huge selection on nearly new as well as new parts for RV. If you should find something there, I will be glad to pick it up for you, about 115 miles from where I live, and we make frequent trips to Lake City, Fl., my wife is always looking for an excuse to go there, where she was raised, lots of family and friends, you can PM a message to me for phone #.  73

Have you considered having your present sofa recovered.  We did like you and looked all over for something new to fit in our 03 Allure.  New were too expensive and often not the correct length.  Finally had ours recovered. The wife is very happy with the end result plus, she was able to have her dining room chairs recovered with the same fabric as the sofa to match.  Overall it was considerably cheaper than any of the new stuff we looked at.

Bill

03 Country Coach, 32' Allure

Knowing this is an old thread. We're wanting to replace our Rest Easy power sofa (with individual recliners) that is a double recliner that makes into a queen size bed. It measures slightly under 84" wide and is mounted in a portion of a slide out that is 36" deep. It's taupe in color and is in excellent condition. We're located in the Paradise RV Resort, Peoria (Phoenix) AZ. If interested, please contact me via email 

cal@swiers.net

20180113_102805.jpg

20180113_102912.jpg

20180113_102606.jpg