I have read on this forum about the different views of using truck Washes for exterior washing of a motorhome. There are many different views and concerns about the high powered washing. On page 154 of the latest FMCA magazine their is an ad about Blue Beacon washing being safe for the motorhome finish and graphic - any FMCA comments?

BP

The ad is in the FMCA Member Benefits section of the January 2017 ( latest) issue. Their ad includes directions to download a free rain X treatment with the Blue Beacon wash.

BP

I have used Blue Beacon twice.  Check their web site carefully.  There are options that you do not want and some that you do.  The Rain X is a good option.  One that I remember that you do not want is an acid wash of your wheels which would discolor aluminum.

I have used Blue Beacon with good results but it is very important that you tell them not to wash the refrigerator vents, could cause a problem.

I also, used to use them and had no problems or issues.  Now, I just wash mine once a year so it's easy to do at my storage!  I use Lucas Slick Mist once every 10 days. :wub:  Spray on, wipe off, no scrubbing required...it's as easy as drinking a beer, even in Texas Summer heat.

We have regularly frequented Blue Beacon in our travels over the last 5 years.  Always a great wash and result.

Don't know what they use on my aluminum rims but they look better now than when I bought our coach.

There are 2 types of aluminum rims, I have the Alcoa and they are matt, others are glossy.  Blue Beacon, always asked me if I wanted the tire rim treatment, I said no!

Carl

I wash ours at home before and after each trip (depending how much dirt it accumulated from sitting). I use a foam cannon on a pressure washer to soak it down, horse hair brush and just a regular hose to rinse. I have it hand waxed one a year (roof included) at a CG that has the mobile crew going through. If dirty along the way and it was already waxed I have a mobile crew do it again while parked at a CG. I don't like driving a dirty vehicle. I hand polish my wheels 2x a year, they are coated and look like a mirror when done, I use a foam ball on a cordless drill to do so with a high quality mag wheel polish designed for clear coated wheels.