Sign in to follow this  
davidsteverson

Fresh Water Issues

Greetings everyone. A couple of questions related to our fresh water supply.

1.  We seem to have very good water pressure at the faucet where we connect but not so good pressure in the coach. I have a water regulator but the last few places I put it on and then take it off because the pressure is so low. Interestingly, if we turn the water pump on and use water from our fresh water tank we have great pressure. Any thoughts on why our pressure is so low using city water?  

2. If we are connected to city water our fresh water tank slowly fills even though we have the fill valve in the off position. It's a slow process but we eventually have to use some of it or it overflows. Any thoughts?  

Thanks everyone. Always appreciate having a wealth of knowledge out there!  David

If the pressure remains low without the water regulator in place, it could be the backflow prevention valve at the shore connection.  If there were no backflow valve where you connect the city water, then without the connection, water would flow out of the open connection.  I've had backflow valves fail and give variable flow or very little flow at all.  The water pump working from the storage tank isn't impacted by the backflow valve at the city water connection.

Good morning David,

If you have a defective check valve aka back flow valve then when hooked up to city water your water tank can fill up. If when not connected to city water do you hear the pump cycle even when you are not using any water? If so then the valve is leaking enough to allow the pressure to drop and cycle the pump. 

In your water system do you have a filter or filters in place? Does your water pump have a debris screen(filter)? Have you checked each faucet to be sure they are clear? these are a few of the places I would check.

I just recently had a low water pressure problem, I found two problems, My accumulater tank had a ruptured bladder and the check valve was bad in my 1 year old pump.(Surflo) IGot the tank at Lowe's and Northern Tool replaced the pump under warranty. By the way, when changing the tank be prepared for a bit of weight. The tank was a 2 gallon unit but with the buster bladder it had about 5 gallons in it. was able to drain about half before wrestling it out of the bay.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Herman