bmiller260

Entry Step Stuck In Extended Position: 2013 Diplomat

You can unbolt the linkage and tie it up.  Did you check the fuse?  If the motor is ok you can disconnect the motor wires and jump it.

thank you for the info. my manual says there's a 25 amp fuse for this but don't see one identified for the step. I do however see a couple other fuses with 'step' in the title. So will check these.

4 hours ago, bmiller260 said:

Is it difficult to isolate the problem and repair? Can I manually retract the steps?

bmiller260, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Could you post the make of your electric steps and Model if possible.

Rich.

Take a look under and see if there are any teeth missing on the gear roller or if anything accidentally got thrown up there off the road and just lodged when you extended.

As stated, remove the linkage and tie it up.  Just don't forget it's tied up the next time you go out the door.

Oh, and yes check the fuses.

When mine got stuck while extended I sprayed all the joints with penetrating oil and rapped lightly on the motor with a hammer and voila, it has worked fine ever since.

Just happen to me, I have a 2008 Mandalay, we were on trip, steps would not retract, had to remove pin and tie steps in. When got home I checked fuses, connections, ground wire still not work. Took it to my service shop they found a bed service module, they installed the new control module kit, it now working great.

10 hours ago, manholt said:

Remember to keep all hinges well lubricated....your step is in all weather 24/7/365. :(

Yep, that's why my manual says to lube them monthly.

On my 2012 there is a 15amp IGN+ STEP fuse "F60" in the roadside front electrical panel. I think that is just the ignition trigger supply as the step needs a BATT+ supply. My manual also states it is a 25 amp located in the roadside front electrical panel but I can't find it in any of my 3 12v fuse panels. I guess it's time to look for an in line fuse or trace the wire.

Could be that a 15A was put in by mistake and should be a 25A fuse.  Had that on my macerator toilet...Marine = 15A, Coach = 20A.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Could be that a 15A was put in by mistake and should be a 25A fuse.  Had that on my macerator toilet...Marine = 15A, Coach = 20A.

Carl,

I don't even want to know why an RV macerator requires a larger fuse than a boat.:wub::rolleyes:

Herman

I found another reference to the toilet fuse in the owner manual in the toilet troubleshooting section.

"The toilet uses a 40 Amp minibreaker
located in the curbside battery
compartment. Open the black box
above the batteries to access the minibreaker."

No fuse shown on the diagram of that box. I went and look in it and there is only one 30amp breaker in it and it is for the starter. No fuses larger than 20amp in it.

So the hunt continues...