95Monaco

Flat Towing a Porsche Boxster

95monaco 

Welcome to the Forum. Even in some standard shift vehicles they may still need the gear to rotate for complete lubrication.  Check with a Porsche dealer or website. Then check to see if anyone makes base plates for your Boxster.

Herman 

Remco industries makes driveshaft disconnects and transmission pumps for many models of automobiles. Search for their name and give them a call. It may be possible to tow your car with their products.

On 1/3/2017 at 0:49 PM, 95monaco said:

has any one ever set up a Porsche Boxster to be flat towed. I have heard that a manual transmission can be done but can't confirm that.

thanks

Good afternoon or evening or something Wherever You Are

The short answer to your question is no it cannot be flat towed. As for the reason, it has to do with something that the Europeans do with their manual transmissions and the issue , which Super escapes me at this moment because it 3:30 in the morning here, is an issue that Saab, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and some Volvos share in common.

Most of these cars can be towed on a dolly, I know my Saab can but you need to talk to Porsche and get explicit instructions on even Dolly Towing because if I remember correctly depending on the year you are rear wheel drive

Nevertheless the cost for you to flat tow your car is going to greatly exceed buying a cheap 5 speed Toyota or Chevy and dinghy tow that.