Here's a suggestion:

Can we please get rid of the "newbie" label on the forum? Just turn it off or change it to "member" after the first post if that's easier.  To me it appears as a junior badge or devaluing someone else's status   I know it's not intended as such and just a piece of the forum but I t doesn't seem to have a purpose other than offending some. Recently a 30 year member told me he posted on the bbs and it labeled him a newbie.  He didn't like it. 

I realize it isn't based on how long a member has been paying dues; but rather how many post or something bbs related.  But it still should go. 

3 hours ago, tmoning said:

Okay, that makes sense. Anyone who posts from one to 39 posts will be a forum "Member." Forty or more posts gets "Advanced Member."

Why any label other than Member?  What positive purpose do they serve?  Just asking.  I realize it's a function of how many messages they posted but if I post 40 messages does that make me Advanced?  The forum shows how many post someone made so I would suggest just make them all members after 1 post. 

Outstanding!

Great suggestion and reasoning, Jeff. 

tmoning, Thank You for the understanding and prompt response.

It's a small thing and yet, to me at least, it gives a sense of hope and gratification that changes, when reasonable, can and will be made. Carrying those sentiments into our discussions is a huge thing.

So, Thank you again,

Bill Anderson

Now that we are all equals here (I like it!)  maybe you could highlight the number of post instead of having them a shade lighter.  It would help me understand how much credibility to give that particular post.

14 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Now that we are all equals here (I like it!)  maybe you could highlight the number of post instead of having them a shade lighter.  It would help me understand how much credibility to give that particular post.

It's not the number of posts that count s it's the quality of the post and does it actually contribute to the solution.