larsonk

Water Heater Bypass Check Valve

Water flow at all HOT water faucets is very slow in my new Holiday Rambler Admiral XE.  Flow is fine at all cold faucets. Worked fine last fall but now, after taking it out of winterize mode, the problem persists. It is a single valve bypass system.

I suspect there is a check valve sticking somewhere? Is it possible that this check valve is an integral part of the WH bypass valve?  If so, can the check valve be replace or must one buy the entire bypass valve?  

First time MH owner frustrated with all the problems encountered.

larsonk, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

The year the coach was built would help. On the newer ones they use a mixing valve to set the hot water temperature and over time the mineral deposits build up and clog the mixing valve. The fact that you mention having a normal flow rate for the cold water would tend to indicate that the valve is no longer working properly. One can be purchased for a number of plumbing outlets. 

The coach builders cut corners when possible to keep the cost down. If you can remove the part to match it up is a good way to eliminate multiple trips.

Rich.  

19 hours ago, larsonk said:

Water flow at all HOT water faucets is very slow in my new Holiday Rambler Admiral XE.  Flow is fine at all cold faucets. Worked fine last fall but now, after taking it out of winterize mode, the problem persists. It is a single valve bypass system.

I suspect there is a check valve sticking somewhere? Is it possible that this check valve is an integral part of the WH bypass valve?  If so, can the check valve be replace or must one buy the entire bypass valve?  

First time MH owner frustrated with all the problems encountered.

Make sure all the valves are in the right position and fully open or closed. I had an instance where the bypass valve wasn't fully closed it allowed more cold water to flow than hot If I remember it didn't have much volume either.

Bill