CAPKELLY

Slider Windows Sticking

Hi. Have 2007 Monaco Knight. Slider windows starting to stick. Very hard to close.

Ideas on a fix?  Lubrication, graphite, cleaning trac?

Cap, try a bar of soap. Clean both the upper and lower channels with an old tooth brush and a vacuum. Then take a small bar of soap, like you get from a motel, and rub it back and forth in the track. The soap will lubricate the channels and help the windows slide better. (this can also be used to lubricate a zipper) 

Good sliding.

Herman

I think the silicone spray is the best method. Herman, I can just see his next post "soap bubbles coming out of window track when it rains".:D

Bill

If all else fails NAPA sells slide glide in a tube. I use it on automobile sticky power window tracks and it works everytime. 

Just now, kaypsmith said:

What about that soap scum that never disappears.LOL

Well I hadn't thought of that, DW would have :lol:

Come on now, I wasn't talking about pouring a bottle of Dawn in the channel. ? I ment to put just enough to act as a lubricant. Most sprays will leave build up to a certain degree.

Try rubbing a bar of soap on a stubborn zipper.

Herman

12 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Come on now, I wasn't talking about pouring a bottle of Dawn in the channel.

Couldn't resist when I read it, the pictures that came into my head in a rain storm :lol:

Plain old bar soap is an excellent metal to metal lube also great on wooden drawer slides some of the older cabinetry has. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.