kaelalynn

Monitor RV Temperature For Pets In Hot Weather?

Carl,

I'm just putting the options out there for those who want a wireless system.  I'm eventually going to get an auto-gen start system that will start my generator when temps get to warm or battery starts getting low.  Nothing is really a sure thing except having your pets with you.

Wayne.  I know.  I'm surprised your coach did not come with one, my 07 did.  It is a great thing to have, I leave mine on manual while traveling and then switch to auto in campground. It came on 1 time in Florida, while we was out looking at Alligators...Lucky loved them, she would just sit and look!  Crazy.  Was told on our return that the parks transformer blew and there was no juice for 4 hours! 

Carl

Thanks to everyone for the replies! Wife had surgery; everything is fine but I've been too busy to review and thank everyone, so a big thanks!  Getting a little free time, so I'll be checking out all the suggestions and getting ready for a long summer.  Departure date is not targeted for April 26.  

Carl,

We have the "Pinto," maybe even "Edsel" of coaches.  DW affectionately (NOT) named it "Citrus."  You know, one has to be PC now a days.

Wayne, the way I heard it, "PC" had it's funeral in the White House, January 20th. :lol: "Lemon", is the word your looking for! :ph34r:

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, HayesFamily said:

Can you talk about this a bit more. Specifically where to get the device from. I thought about an auto start in the event of a power failure at home but didn't know it existed in practical non home brew terms. 

Keon,

We just upgraded our system to "true sine wave" inverter from "modified sine wave".  We opted for Xantrax brand.  So, the inverter is the Xantrax Freedom SW.  The control panel is Xanbus System Control Panel and the generator start system is the Xanbus Automatic Generator Start (AGS).  The AGS can be configured to do many things including auto start the generator based on house temperature.  You'll need a module for that.

It's a pretty versatile system and will auto start your generator (you set parameters) to start your generator when DC voltage drops to a specified level.  Our old system did this and I feel a must when boon-docking.

The conversion was on a 2005 Monaco Windsor with 8000w Onan.

Blake

DD69.  Fido is bloated, panting or flat? :wacko: Sorry, had to say it !  Just how is a tire minder going to do this?  Just one hole to screw into...:blink::huh::o

29 minutes ago, blakeloke said:

Ooops.....couldn't help myself!  I will behave!

Sure you will!! Get you and Carl on the same page it it makes that Albuquerque turn.

I just want to see Carl install that device in the neighbor's cat. He may be able to do a seminar on that.:P Pet safety is always popular.

Bill

Bill.  Your the one with the Mark Twain quote. :wacko: Figure, since your already familiar with the back side, you should do it. :o:P However, I will give last writes, if you wish? :lol:

Herman.  Something about not wanting to take Fido with you sightseeing! :( How do you make sure that Fido is OK, while your out there!  Touching actually !  Off course you can eliminate all that, by taking Fido with you...:D  or you can make sure you have a fairly full tank of fuel, automatic Generator on/off and a happy Fido if electricity goes of !  Solves the whole issue!  :)

Then along came DD69!  All H broke out...:lol: