shalom

Stopped-Up Kitchen Sink

I have a 2007 Monaco Dynasty Queen IV. My kitchen sink is plugged. I have dumped a gallon of drano down and still it is stopped.

Any one had a similar issue? This has two sinks side by side and both go into one drain line.

Is the sink in a slide?  If so, check for kinked drain hose.

Drano is really hard on gaskets and seals-- would flush that out really well.

Shalom, one of the two sinks has a "P" trap. You can use a plunger to try and break the blockage. Put the stopper in one and use the plunger on the other. You might have someone hold the stopper down while you use the plunger. Be careful of the Drano in the waste water. It can be caustic and burn the skin.

I have seen a gadget on tv that looks like a piece of plastic strip with knobs on it to pull out the blockage. You may find it at Bed Bath & Bubble. 

Herman 

If you have not done so already, the P trap should be removable without tools.  Put a bucket under the trap and disconnect the fittings to see if you can find and clear the clog.  I don't like using chemicals as they are designed for home plumbing systems which generally have substantially types of piping.

17 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I would definitely were some good rubber gloves now that you have it full of draino.

Bill

What Bill says! Maybe safety glasses too. It will burn.

A gallon? :wacko:  I would think the fumes alone would burn the airways!  I think the most I have ever used is a cup for a house drain and then used a plunger!  Breathing mask, safety glasses and rubber gloves is a must have!

I hope the original poster wasn't overcome by fumes since he never came back. If he truly poured a gallon of Drano down the the drain, the stoppage must be almost at the tank. I wonder if his gray tank was full.

Been there, done that and have the tee shirt. :wub: Most of the time though the shower pan will show standing water first. And will always be when showering. 

But good thought.

Herman 

I've been in the same tub, Herman.  Nothing like standing in an inch or so of gray tank water just as you finish a shower. Makes it hard to dry your feet while in the shower for sure.

NO, Bill. That is not the tank level indicator.

This has nothing to do with a Class A but.... the topic brought back funny memories...

Way back when... a while on a deer hunting trip, the kitchen sink in my friends pickup slide in camper got stopped up.  He told his wife to watch the sink while he went out side to try to clear it.  Well she was watching the sink drain...looking down into it, when he blew through the drain hose... yep you guessed it... , a loud scream came from within the camper as the stoppage cleared, right into here face.  We had to cook our own supper that night!

BUY A ( POWER PLUNGER) I THINK I GOT MINE AT HARBOR FREIGHT.  HAVE SOMEONE HOLD DOWN THE OPENING IN THE OTHER SINK WITH A LARGE TOWEL.  IT SUCKS THE THE (STUFF) OUT AND BLOWS THE THE LIQUID THROUGH.  YOU GET A REAL MESS BUT IT REALLY CLEANS IT OUT.  NOW RUN HOT WATER THROUGH TO CLEAN IT UP AND FROM NOW ON ONCE A MONTH PUT A TREATMENT OF( RID-X) IN THE DRAIN WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO BE GONE.  IT'S GOOD FOR EVERYTHING.