Sf49erfan

Frozen Pipes

Ok back to the ceramic heaters. Is there any insulation on the bottom of that compartment? I would be adding some if I was operating in the super cold areas. 

Bill

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:42 AM, hermanmullins said:

Tracey,

Sorry if it seems that we can't get the whole picture. Let me ask you a few questions. You said you were dry camping, had water pressure when you went to bed but had none when you got up. Then you said your husband got the hose back in. I am a bit confused here, Dry camping means you are not connected to any outside water, electric nor sewer. 

In our 2002 Monaco Dynasty there is a bay door (without a handle just clips on the under side). Inside you can see the water tank, made of white plastic and both holding tanks. When looking at the white water tank, on the lower right hand side there is an outlet with Blue Pec tubing coming from the tank through the bulk head. This blue line goes straight into the water pump. At this point the outlet side of the pump should proceed to the double set of filters and then into the system. Now if you can hear the pump running then the Water tank isn't frozen because if it were so would the pump be frozen and you could not hear it run. 

Now we are at the filters. Do you know when was the last time the filters were changed?  If the filters are clear and the pump is running everything Should be good to go.

Lets go back to the hose. Did you husband fill the tanks just before going to bed? If so he had to move the valve to the fill position. Did he by some chance leave the valve in the fill position? If so then you would not have any water pressure, however you might hear a bit of girdling come from the faucet.

One other question. You said you had a 3/4 full water tank. Was this by looking at the information panel or visual by opening the bay door and looking at the tank? If you were looking at the information panel then your sensors may be way off and your tank is just empty. 

I hope I have given you some insight of your water system and it may help solve your dilemma.

Herman

Herman,

We were dry camping when we had the issue.  We left Baker City, OR and stopped in Spokane, Wa , which was our destination.  We hooked up the hose then, that is what I was referencing.  Our coach is 45 feet.  The bay area that has the holding tank is filled up mostly with the holding tank and the aqua hot.  The dial for the aqua hot for the basement is in this area.  I dont' remember seeing anything that you are describing.  We bought the coach in July and were told it was checked out front to back and everything changed, so I am not sure exactly when the filters were changed.  We did have to replace the water pump in August.

I visually looked at the water tank.  We don't rely on the info panel/aladdin as it doesnt seem to be accurate.

I have to double check, but I am pretty sure our wet bay does not have a heater.  We have hung the light bulb in there,but I think we need something more.

Sorry if the info I am giving is not clear.  It seems clear in my head, LOL.

Tracey

Accumulator tank/ had a big one in our first coach. Possibly bigger than Hermans. Fresh water tank was under the bed and so was the pump. Installed the tank with a tee and pressurized it to 35psi. Could get a one gallon draw down with the pump off. Helped us sleep when either partner needed a flush in the wee small hours of the morning. 

The rear heater had a feed into that area. It truly was a winter time coach. In many ways, for it's time , Georgie Boy was ahead of many similary priced units.

Tracey.  Have you checked to see, if in fact they did change the water filter?  Why did you replace the water pump?

Carl

22 hours ago, manholt said:

Tracey.  Have you checked to see, if in fact they did change the water filter?  Why did you replace the water pump?

Carl

Ummm, because it wasn't working.  We didn't realize when we bought it that it wasn't working.  When we checked out the coach it was hooked up to shore water.

On 1/19/2017 at 3:49 PM, jleamont said:

Makes sense. Any new updates? 

Jleamont-

The temps have warmed up here above freezing.  We have water now.  It appears we have a crack in the housing on the water pump, which sucks because we just had it replaced in August.  My husband is trying to repair it, if not, we will be replacing it again.  

I talked to Monaco and they lead me to believe the Aqua hot should have taken care of the wet bay also, but it isn't.  Not sure where the problem is with that.  I do know that some of the blowers aren't blowing warm air, so maybe all that is tied in.  For now, we will continue with the light bulb and will probably do some skirting to help keep it warm.  For some reason the coach won't air dump now.  I thought it was because of the cold, but that isn't it.  Maybe something is dirty or clogged from all the snow and crud on the roads.  Thank you everyone for your help.

Tracey

Tracey, I would replace the pump and see if you can get parts for the cracked one to keep it as a spare. There is no fixing them with epoxy. I had a friend try it in a travel trailer. His pump was mounted in the kitchen, it failed again and we noticed it when water was running out the door :o. Lucky for him I carried a spare at the time.

I would purchase two small ceramic heaters and plug them in down in the bay. One in the wet bay and one in the cavity where the tanks are, just in case the temperatures drop again, just make sure they are pointed away from any object. Usually the walls have openings you could toss extension cords through to the tank and wet bey area.

Carl the pump in the coach when they bought it didn't work.

I would look up a local Aqua Hot authorized repair facility and stop in ASAP to have that fixed. Not sure what model you have but it sounds like a zone pump is not working. 

Were you able to locate a switch inside labeled "system heat"?

Joe.  Re read my post...I apologized for a double posting.  I'm on Aqua Hot now, electric heat pump stopped working at 36 degrees, I woke up to 51 in coach and now I'm at a balmy 74!  I don't have a separate switch for system heat, when I turn on AH it automatically does my bay's. :)

I can leave my system on while driving, nice and cozy with it and the tile heat.

This is weird, I posted an apology last night and it's gone!  :(:wacko:

Carl

Carl, "System Heat" switch is a Monaco thing. The 12v heater in the wet bay was standard on my coach and is controlled by this switch.

According to my manual, "System Heat" is not part of the Aqua Hot system. It controls the snap disc thermostat for the 12v wet bay heater and if equipped with the cold weather package it also turns on the Fresh tank, Grey tank and Black tank heating pad elements.

Best bet would be to call REV @ 1-877-466-6226 to confirm what the vin in question was built with, that would be a huge help in determining what isn't working properly.

On 1/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, jleamont said:

Tracey, I would replace the pump and see if you can get parts for the cracked one to keep it as a spare. There is no fixing them with epoxy. I had a friend try it in a travel trailer. His pump was mounted in the kitchen, it failed again and we noticed it when water was running out the door :o. Lucky for him I carried a spare at the time.

I would purchase two small ceramic heaters and plug them in down in the bay. One in the wet bay and one in the cavity where the tanks are, just in case the temperatures drop again, just make sure they are pointed away from any object. Usually the walls have openings you could toss extension cords through to the tank and wet bey area.

Carl the pump in the coach when they bought it didn't work.

Jleamont

Yes, we are going to have replace the water pump again, darn it.  You are right, the fix didn't hold.  I do think there is some section of the aqua hot that isn't working properly after having talked with Monaco. We will have to have that checked out.  In the meantime, we will put the heaters in the wet bay and add some insulation skirting.  Lessons learned.  Thank you again for the help.

Tracey

On 1/23/2017 at 4:57 AM, jleamont said:

Carl, "System Heat" switch is a Monaco thing. The 12v heater in the wet bay was standard on my coach and is controlled by this switch.

According to my manual, "System Heat" is not part of the Aqua Hot system. It controls the snap disc thermostat for the 12v wet bay heater and if equipped with the cold weather package it also turns on the Fresh tank, Grey tank and Black tank heating pad elements.

Best bet would be to call REV @ 1-877-466-6226 to confirm what the vin in question was built with, that would be a huge help in determining what isn't working properly.

Jleamont- sorry, I didn't read all the post before responding to you.  No, I didn't find a system heat switch.

Tracey

I believe that you are right that something is wrong.  I have spent some part of the last 2 Winters in Detroit, MI and I have bays heated by my Webasto (Aqua-hot) and it worked OK.  When it dropped into the 25 below range I added 2 light  bulbs in that compartment only to keep from burning ALL of my fuel!  Had I not done that it would have still been OK but I would have added a few dollars to my fuel bill.

Tracey, keep us posted, I know I am curious to hear what they find. Be sure to locate an authorized Aqua Hot repair facility.