mypopslou

Malfunction Indicator Lamp Cummins 450 ISL-9

Have less than 10,000 miles on my new coach and when I started the engine after 3 and 1/2 weeks at a campground I had the Malfunction Indicator Lamp light up. I thought it was a check engine light and also thought it was telling me I had water in my fuel since I parked for 3.5 week with only a half a tank and the temperature varied from 70 to 22. We were at TT in Advance NC. Engine seem to be functioning properly but I added a treatment to take care of water but it did not take care of issue. Drive from NC to Kansas and coach performed up to expectations. When we arrived in Kansas I tried to call a Cummins dealer to check it before we settled into another campground for a couple of months but no one could take me for at least a week.

Any ideas on what this could be, I have 3 similar warning lights ( only one is illuminated), one is stop engine, the other is check engine light and the third which is the one illuminated is the Malfunction Indicator Light. I am thinking it has something to do with emissions but am not sure. I know a stop at a Cummins dealer and they will put a code reader on it and know exactly what it is, and I will do that when I am ready to move again, just looking to see of anyone has any ideas, coach is still under warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help  

Mypopslou, by definition the manual states there is an failure of an emissions control device and to call for service.