notlookinback

EMS No Power To Water Heater Or Fridge

Had a temperature sensor replaced in my Onan 7500 generator yesterday. Now when the gen is running or even when connected to 50 amps my fridge and water heater will not operate on electricity. The EMS panel shows 50 amps coming in but acts as though it is shedding power to both the water heater and fridge. Any ideas on what the problem may be and how to correct it is greatly appreciated.

notlookingback, Welcome to the FMCA forum!

Have you checked the interior for 120volts i.e. does the microwave work? Check circuit breakers (in the coach and on the Inverter if equipped) and your GFI electrical outlets inside, one could be tripped and those could be down stream. Someone else will chime in soon as this area is not one of my strong areas.

not. Welcome to the Forum! :)

What do you mean by shedding?  If it is showing that Amperage is going to Fridge and WH, then I would check the plug on both, lose ground and GFI.  Joe's right about turning on other appliances.  Can you hook up to shore power?  Do you have the same issue?  If not, then it's not changing over to generator and switch is still on shore power.

Carl

7 hours ago, notlookinback said:

Had a temperature sensor replaced in my Onan 7500 generator yesterday. Now when the gen is running or even when connected to 50 amps my fridge and water heater will not operate on electricity. The EMS panel shows 50 amps coming in but acts as though it is shedding power to both the water heater and fridge. Any ideas on what the problem may be and how to correct it is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum notlookinback. The first thing I would do is make shure both breakers are not tripped on the generator. I would look at your manual for your EMS system to see how that leg(hot water heater refrigerator) is set up and if there is a circuit breaker for that leg. 

Bill

I was able to correct the issue by disconnecting both shore power and battery power fro the coach. This  allowed the EMS to reset and now it works as it should. I left the power disconnected for 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, notlookinback said:

I was able to correct the issue by disconnecting both shore power and battery power fro the coach. This  allowed the EMS to reset and now it works as it should. I left the power disconnected for 15 minutes.

That sounds like someone read the manual.:o

Glad you got it working.

Bill