ElmondTX1

Central Heat - Intellitec ECC and relay

We have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery model 37V.  The front heater comes on with the Intellitec Electronic Climate Control switch in the off position.  The service shop has replaced the relay a couple of times.  The ECC is no longer available so my service shop sent the ECC and relay to Intellitec and they worked on the switch.  After reinstalling the ECC and relay the front heater still came on with the switch in the off position.  The ECC has switching for the front heater and ac and one for the rear heater and ac.  We are really at a lose on what to do next.  I contacted Fleetwood and they were no help other than to tell me the would send an electrical diagram.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with that exact system. Pictures and part numbers would help. Is/does the ECC work like a thermostat or is there a different thermostat? 

Bill

I think I have the same system in my 98 Discovery.  Does the control look like a mirror image, left half to right half?  What happens if you switch the control to another position?

My thinking.  Control is probably wired in reverse...I had a few of them on my WB Tour.  Just got used to on being off. 

On 1/19/2017 at 0:12 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with that exact system. Pictures and part numbers would help. Is/does the ECC work like a thermostat or is there a different thermostat? 

Bill

The ECC is 00-00597-00 dual, 00-00591-200 master controller and 00-0569-000 temperature sensor.

On 1/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, desertdeals69 said:

QI think I have the same system in my 98 Discovery.  Does the control look like a mirror image, left half to right half?  What happens if you switch the control to another position?

Yes the 00-00597-00 ECC is a mirror image.  The front furnace comes on and off with the switch in of off position.  The rear furnace works as it should.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:11 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

You might be able to have it repaired or find a replacement/parts. Kind of sounds like a problem on the board.

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/product-page/65aacc80-0588-29dd-6eaa-d7166c1579d8

or

https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/dual-thermostat/

Bill

The thermostat is no longer available.

What is interesting to me is the furnace has not come on all week and this morning it decided to come on 6 days later with the switch still in the off position.  As stated in the beginning the thermostat is no longer made.  

Have you tried repairing it yourself?  I know I would't hesitate to tear into it, you don't have anything to lose since it's not working. My brother-in-law has the same unit in is rig from the surface it looks like pretty old-fashioned, I expect you are only dealing with a high resistant contact, I would start by cleaning contacts and looking for loose connections and shorts.

Jim

Since you have the model number, I would start calling RV Salvage yards, might find one!  As for if you do, will it work?  Probably!  Or do as Jim suggests...I would do both. :D

Carl

They didn't stop putting thermostats in Fleetwood coaches, so find out what the upgrade/replacement was. I can't be that hard to wire in a new thermostat.

Bill

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Got it.  GF was in my ear about lunch, so I blanked out, out of shear self preservation! :D

What is her email? I want to forward this to her.:P

Bill