My Fleetwood Excursion (2006) has 4 new 6 volt batteries. How long should I expect use these while boondocking before charging? Assuming inverter on but not using anything else but refer and 2 lights. No furnace.

NOB, most inverters have a control panel from which you should get a reading of remaining amount of usage left. In our coach overnight we will use adout 35 to 40 %, with only the refrigerator and some Aqua Hot for heat. 

Herman 

9 minutes ago, notlookinback said:

My Fleetwood Excursion (2006) has 4 new 6 volt batteries. How long should I expect use these while boondocking before charging? Assuming inverter on but not using anything else but refer and 2 lights. No furnace.

I would leave the inverter off as it has a drain in standby mode. How long is going to depend on any parasitic loads. It may be you just have to monitor the battery level till you get a feel for how long they will stay up. Without knowing exactly what your loads are I would be guessing.  Sounds like a good excuse to spend some time in the RV. Do you have power where you are parked? I would just set it up like you were dry camping and do a test.

Bill

Residential refrigerator or absorption?

Running propane heater?

What are 120 VAC things are you running on inverter? If nothing, turn inverter OFF, as it takes some power just on stand by.

How many days are you dry camping (if one or two, very different answer than if for a week or more as for a short time, you can discharge more deeply and only recharge to 85%)?

The only way to tell is to go out and do what you want to do and see how long it last.  Then you can modify your usage and charge routine as needed.

All good thoughts!  I would do as desertdeals suggest...every coach is different, and depends on what you have...like solar panels.  As you said Fridge and a couple of lights!  It also depends on outside ambient temp. and humidity.

Carl

Thanks for the info and suggestions! This is my first M/H so I will be experimenting. Certainly differently than my previous fivers. We are fulltimers x 4 yrs and look forward to some boondocking adventures in our M/H

17 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Residential refrigerator or absorption?

Running propane heater?

What are 120 VAC things are you running on inverter? If nothing, turn inverter OFF, as it takes some power just on stand by.

How many days are you dry camping (if one or two, very different answer than if for a week or more as for a short time, you can discharge more deeply and only recharge to 85%)?

Answering these questions will allow us to give you much more accurate information.

Another pertinent series of questions would be what type, brand of 6 volt battery has bee installed. What is the amp hour rating and if flooded or not. All of these will determine how much usage is available. If flooded typically you have 50% of the rated amp hours available. 

Bill Edwards