BillAdams

New Shower Setup

I just could not resist getting Janet a new shower setup.  I saw it and I just had to have it (parody the insurance commercial).  Janet's happy so I guess I did good!

20170117_131105.jpg

The water pressure is "different" as this is more of a water fall or rain type setup vs. the pressure shower head.  Janet says it cleans her hair faster/better than the shower head we replaced so that's enough for me.  Will I ever use the body spray?  I did today, just for fun, but likely will not use it very often.  No matter, the over head and the hand held sprayers are awesome.

Home Depot "on line".  It is not available at the store.  Shipped to me directly.  The company is Valore and this is model VS-1205.  The installation took more time in planning than the physical installation.  It is simple and straight forward if you are even a little bit handy with tools.  I had to buy a tile drill of the correct size but otherwise I had everything necessary on hand.  My coach as 2 - 3 GPM water pumps.  I have been thinking about upgrading to 2 - 4 GPM pumps but if the plumbing won't push more fluid I am not sure it would actually be of any benefit.  Of course, that's never stopped me from trying new things, it just leaves you either happier or poorer.  I like playing with stuff so failing has never been an issue.  It's all a learning experience.  My plumbing will handle higher pressure as well so if I could get higher volume plus some added pressure that would be awesome (or not).  Can't know until you try it!

4 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Yes, dramatically so.  I always know when 1 pump as failed as it becomes instantly obvious.

Thanks, I have the Aquajet ARV that is supposed to put out 5.3 gpm but still find you can't turn on any faucet with the shower running or the shower turns to a mere dribble. Think the second pump would balance out the flow?

RSBill.  His fresh water tank is a lot bigger than ours, they do that in a Prevost...:D  Actually, everything is bigger! :lol:

Carl

replatt, yes, I think it would.  Even with this new shower I can turn on the bathroom sink without an changes to the water flow.  Just don't flush the toilet or the shower turns to scalding water!

Manholt, you are also right.  I think 165 gallons of fresh water is enough!  Thanks.

The shower is just a shower head.  The water is controlled by the original on/off valve allowing an easy retro-fit.  You can see the water control valve to the left of the new fixture and above that the original water output connection which we the new (silver) tubing to send the water from the old corner location to the new updated shower head location.  There is no access of any kind to the old water control valve so I cannot replace it.  It anything goes bad and needs replacement a wall is going to have to be removed and repaired.

Being as this is a 29 year old RV I think I would qualify if I could get "This Old House" to take on my upgrade project!  Gotta love what Rich can do!

They had one on TV?  :huh:

BillA.  I think you have done a great job with what you have...not many 29 year old coach's rolling down the highway as often as yours does! :D  Herman's just jealous! :P

Carl 

9 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Being as this is a 29 year old RV I think I would qualify if I could get "This Old House" to take on my upgrade project!  Gotta love what Rich can do!

I am always amazed at how clean their work spaces are and how they make is "seem" so easy. I guess to them it is.

Herman 

No new paint.  Got screwed by the painter after an 800 mile drive to get to his shop.  Oh well.

You'll find a place in due time.  When things don't work out, it's generally for the better!  Just a little irritation and set back.

Carl