slider_48167

Front Window Shades 2003 Signature

We have a 2003 Signature Supreme. To have the driver's window repaired they had to remove the blind. It worked when it went up-after the window work it will not activate.

1) Does anyone know who would have made the blinds? There was no marking at all on it.

2) I can see that the assembly is held by two clips. I have tried using a screwdriver blade to 'unclip' but can't seem to move the clip fingers. Any suggestions?

Herman, thanks for your response. 

slider,

Your front power awning is held up with 2 screws. One at each end and they are in slots on each plastic end. The longer of the two plastic ends contains the drive motor.  Loosen the screw on that end and remove the screw on the other end. You should be sure and support that end as you remove that screw. You may then slide the awning off. Sounds to me as if you have a wire come loose.

Herman 

If you don't have a helper, use a long shoelace (tennis shoe) and tie onto end off where you will remove screw, tie the other end to a knob or handle, off a cabinet above!  Been there, last September!

Carl