rlbarkleyii

Winnebago Journey Door Restraint

Need to replace the door restraint on my Winnebago Journey 02. Believe this door assembly was used on several models of Winny's over the years. Called Winny and they said they do not make the doors, and could not tell me who did so I could get parts. any one have any idea who might make Winny doors?

The part I need serves two purposes, it is wedged between two fiction blocks inside the door and slides to retard the door from swinging wildly open. And it limits the travel of the open door to keep it from hitting mirror.

Photo of part attached.

restraint a (2).JPG

restraint_a_(1).JPG

RV junk yard.  Surprised that WB don't have one in stock or don't know where to get it.  Plasma fabrication shop.  I had a rear bay door that had to be replaced, American Coach could make a new one in 6-8 weeks, the body shop that had coach, took it to a Plasma shop in San Antonio and a brand new one was picked up the next day for 1/3rd of the AC cost.

Carl

Barkley, 

Good to hear from you, it's been a while. As Carl said said check for an RV salvage yards in your area. If none google RVSalvage, there are a number of them across the country.  The one that come to mind for me is Colaws in Cartadge, Missouri. 

Herman 

By the way, nice pictures.

Bob's Used RV's Sales & Parts Inc High Springs FL

Here is a pretty good one just off I-75 60 miles below the Georgia line. They have a large assortment, as they get most of the RV's that die on the way into Florida. They don't have a website, just paste the line above into Google search line, it will bring up yellow page info including phone# and address.

Who did you talk to at Winnebago? They do make the doors, I have seen them making them. They use the material cut out from the wall as the door and add trim etc.

I would call Lichtsinn Motors , give them your Winnebago ID number (should be on a plaque by the drivers door) or your VIN which they can cross to your ID number. They are a few miles from the factory and do a great job of supplying parts.

Thanks Guy's , I have been off the net and the  road for a while. DW was ill and not able to travel, Then Tranny and fuel pump problem, those resolved now, been trying to fix some of the little stuff that can be a pain in the neck. I will check out all your suggestions and post how i make out. Smooth Running to All!

Took the part number for the "Door Check" indicated in parts listing, checked again with Winny and found out they want $75.00 plus S&H for this part. Haven't decided what to do about it yet. Still hoping to find used part or fabricate. Thanks to all!

Any Plasma fabrication shop can duplicate it.  However $75 is cheap, when you consider how long the other one lasted.

What's wrong with the current one?

Yea, they are called "Door Check" or "Door Brake", depending on the manufacture.