fagnaml

TireMinder Signal Booster Installation

My family gave me a TireMinder TM-77 TPMS system for my motorhome and Jeep for Christmas.  Due to career demands/business travel, yesterday (Sunday, 1/20/17) was the first opportunity I had to open the TM-77 box.   Included in the box is Minder Research's newest signal booster called the Rhino Booster --> http://www.minderresearch.com/tireminder/tireminder-rhino-booster/

The instruction manual says "for best performance" install the signal booster under the motorhome using the zip ties included in the box.  This installation seems "flimsy" at best as zip ties over time can break.  The instruction manual also says the signal booster can be installed in a storage compartment near the rear of a motorhome.  The passenger side rear compartment of my 2007 Damon Astoria motorhome contains the Progressive Dynamics brand power converter and just some lightweight items (jumper cables, wheel cover wrench, traffic warning flag kit, etc.) as that compartment is not designed for much stuff (only has a heavy duty plastic floor).  That compartment seems ideal for the Rhino Signal Booster as I could secure it to the wall of the compartment and tap into the compartment light wires to power the signal booster.

What is the forum's experience installing a TPMS signal booster installed on a rear compartment of a motorhome?   Will the power converter affect the performance of the signal booster?

I greatly appreciate the wisdom and experiences of the FMCA forums!!

Hi Mike.  What's in the driver side, rear compartment?  Just curious.  I don't see any problem with your thought.

Carl

I installed our signal booster in the chassis battery compartment and it works fine. It is on the driver's side rear. 

The location of the booster doesn't seem to be that critical.  I have installed them in all of the above mention locations and it works fine.  On my current coach it is installed in the battery compartment which is on the drivers side second from the rear.  I did use the tie straps.