ivanyurtin

Chandler Rally

Welcome to the forum. Most times you can stay an extra day at the rally price. I would call FMCA and ask about Chandler and the operator will direct you. If you can't get a answer call the Facility at Chandler and see about staying longer.

Bill

Ivan.  Welcome!

If you signed up for electric.  It will be cut off by noon on the 10th...Just use your Generator, if you want to stay overnight.  The elect. is being provided by portable generators.  Just remember to come in with empty grey and blake tanks and full fresh water tank...there will be a honey wagon there, as well as a fresh water truck, but it cost $$$ and you will have to make an appointment.

Hope you enjoy the rally and all the seminars!

Carl 

The event runs through March 10, meaning you may stay that night. Electric will be turned off at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 11. We ask that attendees leave by noon. Families desiring to remain at Rawhide Western Town & Event Center past 12:00 p.m., Saturday, March 11, are requested to contact the Craig Bucklew, Rawhide operations, at (480) 502-5600 or e-mail craig.bucklew@rawhide.com, reserve a site.  Family members wishing to remain on grounds an additional night may be asked to move to an alternate location. This extended stay will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. All extended stay rates are $20.00 a day (no hookups).

Now that I've had my second cup of Java...functioning mind again.  Thanks  for clarifying my mistake to a Newbie. :)

I am always amazed at our national reunions. It is a slow and some time trying process getting on site and getting parked.:(               But the morning after the last night of the rally and the areas clear out quicker the the parking in the ATT Stadium parking lot after a Cowboys loss. :lol:

Herman

:lol::lol: Probably it has something to do with no body telling you how to drive going out! :P In bound, you get 5 different commands from 5 people! :angry:

Carl

I would also, like to know how, unless FMCA is now selling email info, why am I getting all these mail's from C members? :angry:  Started last year....kind of like Good Sam and I got rid off them! 

It really irritates me, because I have no control over it and I did not instigate it.

Carl

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, manholt said:

I would also, like to know how, unless FMCA is now selling email info, why am I getting all these mail's from C members? :angry:  Started last year....kind of like Good Sam and I got rid off them! 

It really irritates me, because I have no control over it and I did not instigate it.

Carl

Carl,

FMCA is in the process of finalizing the changes that will enable members so set their own profile to personally filter the kinds of emails they are willing to receive. They are taking steps to address your concern.

Ken Carpenter, Jr.,
Long Range & Development Committee, Chairman

Hello from a newbie,

We are excited to attend our first convention.

Preregistered for 5 nights, and information to be picked up at the holding area.

The Question is do we arrive Monday camping that night and depart Sunday?

The first timer orientation and reception is definitely something we do not want to miss.

It seems like we would miss a lot arriving Tuesday.

Need Mentoring,

Thanks for you guidance,

Barry Lyon

F445151

On 1/25/2017 at 7:42 AM, hermanmullins said:

I am always amazed at our national reunions. It is a slow and some time trying process getting on site and getting parked.:(               But the morning after the last night of the rally and the areas clear out quicker the the parking in the ATT Stadium parking lot after a Cowboys loss. :lol:

Herman

I've had miserable parking experiences and some that were just fantastic.  It all depends on who is running the parking volunteers.  If they have a plan, it works great.  If no plan, you are caught in a miserable traffic jam.  My absolute best was at Bowling Green, OH.  Pulled in, plenty of room to unhook toad as soon as you were unhooked you were guided into your site.  Sites were pull-in, easy to park, no fuss no muss.  Worst experience was Redmond, WA (2004).  They were totally understaffed and no one knew how to organize the operation.  Sites were back in, absolutely the worst.  It gummed up the whole operation.  I certainly hope the crew at Indy has some veterans from Ohio on the crew!  Planning is everything.  By the way, both these experiences were based on a caravan of many coaches arriving in a short period of time.  That is the real test of a parking crew.

Barry.  Welcome to the Forum!

Since your on Will Call, I'm coming in Monday before lunch.  When you get your packet, it will tell you all you need to know!  You will be directed and helped from that point on.  I suggest you look on main FMCA site, click on conventions, then Chandler.  You'll find a map with full information on how to come in and where to go for Will Call.  It also, has an overview of the area.

Carl

Barry,

As Carl said, Welcome to the forum.

Since you do not have your Packet, you may pick it up in "Will Call".

Directions:  From I-10 take Exit 164 and turn West E. Queen Creek Rd.

Continue on E. Queen Rd. to S. Maricopa Rd.

Turn Right on S Maricopa Rd. To W. Loop Road.

Turn Left on W. Loop Rd. to SE Loop Rd. to Parking Area B-1.  

At this point you will see Orange Vested Parking Crew members that will direct you. A member of the Parking Crew will assist you in                              getting your Packet from Will Call

When you are on W. Queen Rd. you will also see signs that will direct you. You will also see quite a few Motor Homes going the same way.

Barry, Welcome to your first National Rally. We look forward to making this a nice and remember-able Experience.

Herman 

Parking Crew Leader

I am glad to see Brett's re post of this.

We will be in the holding area before 10:00 tomorrow to be parked. I have heard it has been challenging for the parkers.

Bill

Bill,

All Rallies are challenging to some extent but what is great are the wonderful Volunteers we have doing a wonderful job making each family member's experience a good one.

I have nothing but good things to say about our Volunteers. They are just family members trying to make their family comfortable.

Hope every one has a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing each of you at the Forum Meet and Greet: Wednesday, March the 8th in Seminar Room 2 at 4:45 to 5:45 PM.

Herman

16 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Bill,

All Rallies are challenging to some extent but what is great are the wonderful Volunteers we have doing a wonderful job making each family member's experience a good one.

I have nothing but good things to say about our Volunteers. They are just family members trying to make their family comfortable.

Hope every one has a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing each of you at the Forum Meet and Greet: Wednesday, March the 8th in Seminar Room 2 at 4:45 to 5:45 PM.

Herman

Things went pretty smooth and I applaud how well the parkers did.

Bill