rhsjwjr

Michigan Upper Peninsula-- Diesel Availability

Question

We are planning a trip in a few months to include traveling through Michigan and across the upper peninsula.  Plan to stop in Newberry and Champion on way to Duluth, Minnesota.  Would like some input as to availability of diesel fuel for a 40 foot Winnebago Vectra along this more off-the-beaten-path route.

Sandy in Mobile, Alabama

WBILL.  That's why Wayne and I got stuck in Big Bend....a lot warmer, betcha! :P:lol: I'm in Pipe Creek and it's 76!!!  Cool nights, warm day's....:wub:

Carl

WBill.  Had my useless door awning removed and holes patched, will paint tomorrow...fascia replaced on dishwasher.  Coach is running good, nothing wrong with it.  I'm having Boggy lights installed under coach (red, white and blue) in Chandler, AZ.  When I get back to Texas, I'll have all my running lights, including head lights and tail lights replaced with LED!  My roof is dry, so I'll have it painted.

Carl 

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to get 20 miles to the gallon in our MH, so definitely won't be getting 1000 miles on a 100 gallon tank of fuel.  Am most concerned about getting the big RV in smaller fuel stations, but will make it through, I'm sure.  We always start checking for fuel by 1/2 tank and when in remote areas will fill up whenever we have a chance just in case!  Happy travels!

But 5 miles per gallon will get you 500 miles with a 100 gallon tank or 250 miles on 50 gallons. Thanks for reporting back, we were beginning to worry about you.

4 hours ago, RHSJWJR said:

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to get 20 miles to the gallon in our MH, so definitely won't be getting 1000 miles on a 100 gallon tank of fuel.  Am most concerned about getting the big RV in smaller fuel stations, but will make it through, I'm sure.  We always start checking for fuel by 1/2 tank and when in remote areas will fill up whenever we have a chance just in case!  Happy travels!

Use Gasbuddy and Google earth. to find stations. Actually using my old style math 1000 miles on a 100 gal is 10 miles to the gallon. ;) I never had a problem finding fuel.

Bill

1 minute ago, rfsod48 said:

Try in the low 20's during day. That is why we are in Arizona now!

I know it has been cool hear since Thursday, in the loe 50s but will be in the upper 70-80s by tuesday.:P

Bill