hermanmullins

First Time To A National Rally

23 hours ago, RedandSilver said:

Also the Convention is July 12-15 so does that mean we still sleep there the night of the 15th and then everyone tries to leave on Sunday the 16th?  Over 2000 coaches trying to leave at the same time - well I can imagine a lot of idle time per coach.  Or is there a system in place for all to leave in an hour or two?

In Chandler we stayed till Saturday morning. The shut off time for the generators was 9:00 am if I remember right. I think we left about 8:00 and drove straight out with no "idle time". I would go for the 30amp area if you need consistent power for your CPAP.

Bill   

Yeah Ha.

I just signed up for my first INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION & RV EXPO in July 2017.

I took WILDEBILL308's advice and signed up for the 30amp section as this is my first one.  I have to believe that it might be a little quieter, right?

I also asked to be contacted about volunteering, so we'll see if that happens or not.  What kind of volunteering besides the parking team is available?  And if  someone is volunteering do they need to arrive earlier? 

Looking forward to the expo.  I also signed up for the 2 day safe RV driving seminar - because you can never know too much. :D

Red, 

There are several areas to volunteer in, Parking, Trams, and Security.

With Parking you will be asked to come in several days in advanced and you will be through the day the rally starts. In both Teams and Security you will also be aasked to come in early just not as early as parking. You will work in shifts for the whole rally.

Will tell you more as the time goes by.

Herman 

Herman out of curiosity;

How often do they fill and empty tanks?

Do you have to be present for this?

What's the average cost for a drain and fill? 

For us this would be a daily occurrence, maybe to stretch it to every other day but defiantly no longer than that.

42 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Herman out of curiosity;

How often do they fill and empty tanks?

Do you have to be present for this?

What's the average cost for a drain and fill? 

For us this would be a daily occurrence, maybe to stretch it to every other day but defiantly no longer than that.

Wait-- are you saying that you go through a tank of water a DAY? How many gallon tank do you have?

And, (only reveal if you want) are you allowing a whole girl's basket ball team to shower in your coach daily?

I know, put Brett in "Time Out".

Many sites at INDIANAPOLIS are full hook up sites. Maybe you should call FMCA Convention DEPT and ask if one is reservable that meets your needs. I have requested a 50 amp full hook up site. Hope to see you there. 

Brett, the Fresh tank is 95 gallons, gray is 85 gallons. YUP, three women and an Aqua Hot and boy do they go through some water :o. I'd bet I use maybe 2 gallons on a shower. 

One of the problems with the newer coaches is that they have put in the nice electric toilets, but have not increased the size of the black tanks.  In our last coach, with the older toilets, we could go well over a week without dumping the black tank...now it is half that.

Sounds like instructions on taking a "Navy Shower" are needed.

Does your shower head have an on/off valve.  Makes a HUGE difference in water consumption.

Yea, I tried that approach and I got the look....you know that look :wacko:.

I take Navy showers all the time in the coach, force of habit.

Five, as far as the electric toilet goes, when I find a suitable foot pedal version that will fit in its place that thing is history!

On 3/30/2017 at 7:41 AM, FIVE said:

One of the problems with the newer coaches is that they have put in the nice electric toilets, but have not increased the size of the black tanks.  In our last coach, with the older toilets, we could go well over a week without dumping the black tank...now it is half that.

Our electric (Thetford Aria Deluxe II) has two settings, one for regular, like house use, and another minimum water use for RV use.  With ours set on RV, we (two of us) go for two weeks before needing to empty the black water tank (40 gallons). 

If it's yellow, let it mellow.  If it's brown, flush it down.

I don't think this needs any additional explanation.

I also have the electric macerator toilet and it uses a lot of water for everything a litter for yellow is ridiculous !  My 60 gal. is good for 8 days avg.  Just me and no female basketball team...Gray is 80 gal. In summer with 2-3 showers a day, about 5 days...if I had Joe's tribe, 2 days max! :blink:

Joe, water & honey wagon about $80 per!  :o If you can get them!  Apparently, your not the only one with a harem..:lol: 

Each Rally is different. Cost of both dumps and water will vary quite a bit. In Chandler as a Volunteer we got 1 free dump. As for water we ran over 800 feet of hose from the one hydrant and were able to get every one a load of water. I would like to "THANK" the fellows that maned the hoses to service each coach. It took quite a while but they got it done. 

THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Herman

11 hours ago, manholt said:

I also have the electric macerator toilet and it uses a lot of water for everything a litter for yellow is ridiculous !  My 60 gal. is good for 8 days avg.  Just me and no female basketball team...Gray is 80 gal. In summer with 2-3 showers a day, about 5 days...if I had Joe's tribe, 2 days max! :blink:

Joe, water & honey wagon about $80 per!  :o If you can get them!  Apparently, your not the only one with a harem..:lol: 

AC, in their infinite wisdom, have reduced the black tank to 40 gallons. Our 09 Allegiance was also 40 gallons.

I would take the ladies over to the on site shower facilities and let them see how far they have to walk to take a shower if you run out of water or the shower fills up. Well atleast I won't be getting "The Look":P

Bill

No way you would ever see anyone from my family at the public showers. We run out of water or have full waste tanks and no way to empty or refill fresh, SEE YA. We bought a motorhome for a reason, I bring our beds and shower with us.

Joe.  If both your tanks are full, but you still have water....you have a outside shower! B)

Bill.  Joes DW would give you more than just the look, if you dragged them to the public showers! :wacko::lol:

We seem to drain fresh and fill gray equally. The coach is well balanced for us. Yea we do have an outside shower. Carl my wife's idea of camping is our coach or a five star hotel, nothing less. She won't sugar coat that either when she explains it. Southern girl :wub:

either it gets filled and drained there, I leave and do it, bring it back...or we leave and park at a full hookup campground, toad in daily.

Another volunteer position is monitoring seminars. Also, there are approx 428 full hook up sites at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. More than half are 50 amp, but the others are 30. I would call FMCA to see if you can get one of those.