Sign in to follow this  
Sf49erfan

Outlets And Microwave Not Working

Looking for some input, again! While my husband was using the microwave, we lost power to all of our outlets and to the microwave. 

Checked the breaker box and GFI breakers, all were fine.  My husband reset the inverter and no success.  He reset the inverter three times and then miraculously we had power back to the microwave and outlets. 

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?  Is our inverter going out?

Oh, we have a 2006 Monaco Executive.

Tracey

Where you on shore power?  Also, do you have a built in Surge Protector?  If your on shore power, you might have had a power interrupt and when it comes back on your SP checks the circuits for continuity and correct mhz.  about 2 min. 

Carl

I had the same problem once and found that the connection on the microwave had a bad connection and had gotten real hot.  The use those cheap t.v. receptacles the the wire is only fastend by held by friction of the wire pressed in a slot.

Jim

@manholt- yes we were on shore power. I don't know if we have a built in a surge protector.  It is a relatively new campground/resort so I thought we were ok.  Sounds like maybe we need to get one.  My husband said the breaker was tripped on the inverter, but none of the outlets or microwave came back on after he reset it.  So sounds like there is a little delay after reset.  Thanks so much!

Tracey

Tracey, 

A new campground is where you can have the most issues with electrical panels. One crossed wire, like a hot to neutral, came cause havoc with you system. Electrician are good but not infallible. I made a simple tester I always use. It has a 50 amp male plug on a short cable with a four plex box on the other end. I have two of the small continuity testers and two small volt meters. It is small and easy to use.  Costs me less than  $20.00.

Herman 

My personal opinion is that the Progressive EMS-PT50C or EMS-HW50C are the better ones on the market.  I acquired the PT-50C back in 2008 and I like the portability of it. We sold the old rig and the PT-50C went to the new rig.  The hard wired HW50C is just as good but it does need to be hard wired into the MH's electrical system.  Either one is well worth the price and mine has saved me numerous times.  Good investment.

However, with all the praise I have for the Progressive Industries product, any of the surge protectors on the market are better than nothing at all.

p.s., Progressive Industries is discontinuing the PT50C but it still will have a LIFETIME warranty.

Wayne, I carry a PT 50 C that I got in 07.  I'm hard wired from factory, but I'll still plug in to the portable on occasion (like Chandler FMCA portable generators for 30/50A.)  Got another PT 50 C at my hunting/fishing camp!

Carl

Hiya, my Howard says that if you haven't flipped the inverter switch for a while, it could be that it just took several times for it to work.  Inverter shouldn't wear out.  We have 2008 Monaco Camelot and blew inverter once, reset and all was well.  We agree it could be glitch in shore power that caused your problem so surge protector is good idea.

By the way, since you own a Monaco, would like to invite you to join or attend a rally of our chapter, Rocky Mountain Monacos.  I am secretary and would be happy to chat with you or send some info about our chapter.  We enjoy discussing all things Monaco among our members.  Linda Novak, 720-289-4097 or lindaonwheels@mindspring.com