EdwinDHershey

Source Engineering Fan Blade Replacement

I have a 2001 Monaco Knight with a Cummins ISB 5.9. Looking to get a little more HP to help pull Mts out West this year.

I'm looking to replace the stock radiator cooling fan with a Source Engineering fan blade.

There are saying around 33hp increase and 50% less noise.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Ed.  Per Cummins, I could have added HP to the engine I have, but then I also would have to re configure the gear change points in my Allison 3000...that costs some serious money!  There are several posts on this subject on this Forum under Engines.  look at 2014 and work your way up...it's an eye opener!

Carl

Got it, it doesn't add more HP, just uses less HP from what's available, that is more HP to drive axel from what you have now!  Would be nice to have that for a side radiator!

Carl

The gentleman  I talked to at SEF did say a savings of HP to drive the fan not gaining 33HP, But that seems like it would make a nice performance difference. He also said I might see a difference in Exhaust brake performance since the stock fan would I guess have more resistance to help slow down.  I'll keep checking this post. Thanks for your input.

6 hours ago, EdwinDHershey said:

I have a 2001 Monaco Knight with a Cummins ISB 5.9. Looking to get a little more HP to help pull Mts out West this year.

I'm looking to replace the stock radiator cooling fan with a Source Engineering fan blade.

There are saying around 33hp increase and 50% less noise.

Any feedback would be helpful.

I am interested in how it works. They don't have a dealer near me but I will be near one in AZ.

Bill

Just now, manholt said:

Ed.  Please, follow up and let us know how it works out for you!  That way, we can help WBill.  :lol:

Carl

I need all the help I can get to get my pore little coach over the big bad hills.;)

Ok. This might be a Spring project when it warms up here in Pa. I'm now getting ready to have a Fasspump installed to prevent a VP44 injector pump failure down the road. Still researching between Fass or Airdog. Thanks for your help..

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, EdwinDHershey said:

Ok. This might be a Spring project when it warms up here in Pa. I'm now getting ready to have a Fasspump installed to prevent a VP44 injector pump failure down the road. Still researching between Fass or Airdog. Thanks for your help..

Howdy Neighbor!

On 1/31/2017 at 8:20 PM, EdwinDHershey said:

I would look at the upgrade jleamont, just did. He just did that upgrade plus a fuel cooler.

Bill

On January 31, 2017 at 7:20 PM, EdwinDHershey said:

I did the Airdog system with the filters and its own return line to the tank.  I also changed the vp44 pump because the new to me coach had been run without the stock lift pump and it didn't perform as it should.