edbulthuis

2016 Ford Edge

I tow a 2008 Edge wheels down, I am having some transmission issues.  Has anyone else had similar issues.  Have towed the vehicle 10,000 miles total, the vehicle has 90,000 miles total on the odometer.  

Judy, Welcome to the forum. I hear what you are saying. I would go with the latest info I could find. The company often changes how it wants the car set up as time and experience dictate.

Bill

1 hour ago, Corvettelvr said:

I tow a 2008 Edge wheels down, I am having some transmission issues.  Has anyone else had similar issues.  Have towed the vehicle 10,000 miles total, the vehicle has 90,000 miles total on the odometer.  

Welcome to the forum. What kind of issues?

Bill

On 7/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, judysu759 said:

Anyone out there towing a 2015 Ford Edge four wheels down.  I am looking at buying a 2015 Ford Edge. The towing guides I have looked at, have not said anything about disconnecting the negative battery cable. (Even Fords 2015 RV & Trailer Towing Guide) I looked at the 2015 Edges owners manual on line and it states the negative battery cable needs to be removed. 

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Judy

It's been some time since you've posted this, how'd you fare with your '15 Edge if you got one?

Here's our story:

We just traded in our '17 CR-V for a '15 Edge and have found the same information. Our Ford dealership was just as clueless as the Ford documentation. When I called the main Ford 800 line for technical support they just referred me back to the dealership. So, just yesterday we finally picked up our Edge and towed it home behind the coach and all went well but I am not taking chances and am going to remove the negative cable when we tow which is quite a hassle. I have found what appears to be a great manual cutoff switch on Amazon. When we get back from a short trip next week I'll be ordering it.

All in all we love our new-to-us Edge even though it's missing a couple of bells and whistles the CR-V had. It's peppier and has a whole lot more room overall and it's only a couple hundred pounds more than the CR-V/dolly combo coming in at just around 4,000 lbs. and it tows four down like a dream.