Sf49erfan

Water Leak

OP stated that the valve has dripped all the time they have owned the coach, therefore replacement probably is a good idea if no kit available for repair. Also notice that the valve has two holes that were put there for mounting purposes, they were left unused from the factory, which is a potential leak at some time, especially in a motorhome that rumbles down the highway with a lot of movement. If I were doing the repair, I would mount that valve correctly to avoid that being a possible leak in the future. Good luck with the repair Tracey, and a good job finding the leak.

From the picture it appears to be a Moen moentrol shower valve the repair parts are available at almost any plumbing supply. A picture of the handle and plate and I would be able to confirm. If so use genuine Moen replacement parts the aftermarket parts at the home centers just don't seem to last. Moen hasn't changed the design of that valve for years so no need to replace the whole thing. Any water that drips from the handle has the potential to run back inside the wall especially if the coach is leaning in such a direction. 

Phil 

jleamone-

I believe it was leaking at the connection to the handle into the shower.  When he checked it out, he said the whole piece needed to be replaced and he would get the part.  After he messed with it, it stopped leaking, but I still had it replaced because I didn't want to chance it.   He ended up replacing the whole piece. He tried Lowes and Home Depot, but ended up finding at some irrigation place. I will try and post a picture.

My husband could have done all this if he had been here, but the sacrifice we make for his job.  Just glad I found it and that it was easy access.

Tracey

Wow, what a difference in fixtures.  I wish RV manufacturers would put before hardware in from the start.  Looks like you made the right choice to replace the fixture.

If I would have been in your place, then surely I would have preferred consulting an expert to save  my time and money as well. If you are looking for similar option, then you can hire plumber Hunterdon County NJ or anyone you know better from your area. Licensed professional can give you better service in getting your leaking pipe repaired without consuming more time.

Michael.  The last answer was 8 months ago!  If you consult experts and don't do anything yourself, then why are you on this Forum?

You will find, with time, that we have a lot of retired experts in various fields on this Forum.  Brett, Jim S. BillA and jleamont is just a few of them!  Since I'm Oil field trash, I don't count myself among them. :) A lot of folks come on here, because they can't afford to hire an expert. 

Would be nice if you would put your year, make, model and type of engine in your signature.