7 minutes ago, ronandsue74 said:

The rf18 fit in the same space as my old nc1200.

i did have to Lower my floor by 11/2".

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Did you have any problem opening the right door? It looks close to the wall.

Bill

Ron, that is a beautiful install!  I like it!  Wish we had the room to do that!  But our furnace takes up too much space.

Blake

8 hours ago, jleamont said:

I gave ours to my neighbor, he make scrap yard runs often. Threw the doors in the trash. Thought about shooting it a few times, figured that wouldn't go over well with the other neighbors.

Uh....Joe....next time you come through Texas please feel free to hook up at our house.  No problems with shooting fridge doors around here!

Blake

7 hours ago, blakeloke said:

Uh....Joe....next time you come through Texas please feel free to hook up at our house.  No problems with shooting fridge doors around here!

Blake

:lol:

Bill,

no the right door opens a full 90 degrees.

The adjustable shelf must be set to your liking prior to installation because the door won't open far enough to remove it after installation  

Rj 2005 Inspire #51264 

7 hours ago, ronandsue74 said:

Bill,

no the right door opens a full 90 degrees.

The adjustable shelf must be set to your liking prior to installation because the door won't open far enough to remove it after installation  

Rj 2005 Inspire #51264 

Ok, by the way how did you anchor it in place?

Bill

Great looking installation! May have to reconsider future change out myself. So far, our Dometic works reasonably well, but not without issues.  We do a fair amount of boondocking so draw on battery banks and need for running genset is a concern, particularly when at a National Park site with limitations on hours of generator operation. How much of an impact might that be, if for example you topped off battery charge at 10:00 am and run minimal lighting and normal parasitic loads during the day and can not use gen set till 5:00 or worse case, topped off at 8:00 pm and cannot recharge till 8:00 morning. Presently i can do the later, watch an hour of tv, even run furnace on a chilly night and still have 12.2v in the morning. Any thoughts?

Blake.  It's about time you joined the real world...somewhere I must have missed the pic's of your new Ernnie floor? B)  Yes, I do carry gallon buckets of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on freezer and 3 bottles of red wine in fridge, along with Apple Jack and Bud light.  Plenty off room for food,  23.9 cu. ft. :wub:

Carl

22 hours ago, manholt said:

Blake.  It's about time you joined the real world...somewhere I must have missed the pic's of your new Ernnie floor? B)  Yes, I do carry gallon buckets of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on freezer and 3 bottles of red wine in fridge, along with Apple Jack and Bud light.  Plenty off room for food,  23.9 cu. ft. :wub:

Carl

Carl,

Blue Bell of course!  My current beer of choice is Coors Light.  But, if you hand me a beer, any brand, I will gladly drink it with you.

Here's the link to the Ernie Floor topic.  We couldn't be happier with that mod!

Blake

Ernnie, Blake.  That was a impressive re model of the floor! :wub:  From December 3 to 27, I was out off the US, so I missed the finish. Thanks for the link !

Doing the residential fridge, will make your life a lot happier!!!  I can't believe that they are still using NoCold in brand new coaches!B)

Carl 

I know of a fella that swapped out his Norcold and covered up the outside access with a sheet of aluminum. Looks like crap. I would keep the painted louvered door and do the insulation from the interior. Have fun, Blake

I agree with Ernie!! I left the outside cover in place, I attached screen on the inside with Silicone and spray foamed over that. The refrigerator we selected, ironically is completely serviceable from that outside cover. Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose.

When I replaced my No Cool with the Samsung RF 18 I to left the cover in place. I insulted the outside wall with the foil backed sheet and cut a hole in the board for access to the back of the fridg. That came in handy when after the installation was completed the Ice Maker didn't work. I was able to pull the unit out enough to to get to the water solenoid. Sure enough the wires were just dangling there, had not been plugged in at the Factory. Coffee break I assume. Now it works like a dream and after pushing the unit back in I just put the cut out section back in.

Ron, like yours I had the two drawers below the Never Cool. I removed them and lowered the unit to the floor. (I did have to raise the floor to be even at the bottom 3/4"). Above the Unit I made a door that when opened I have access to the Shore power plug as well as the Inverter plug I moved above the unit. I also have the water filter for the ice maker up there. When I become more proficient at attaching pictures I will post them.

Herman

Ron....I really like the new sofa!  Another great mod for your coach!

Carl.....Progress on the fridge is stalled out.  The new fridge won't be in until 21 February.  In the meantime I've been working on my forklift.  Joe helped me through a packing reseal of the high pressure steering ram (success) and now I'm fabricating new steps out of bar stock.  Have also been sanding and repainting!  So great to be retired!  My brother thinks I'm on crack!

Will continue to post pictures of the fridge process when we get back on track!

Blake

Forklift in Conroe?  I may agree with your brother? :lol:

Ron, all kidding aside, all you have done in the past year to your coach is impressive! :) Running out of things to do?  Go play with Blake & his new toy..:lol::P

Update:

Apologies for the delayed update.  Deb and I have had to make an emergency trip to attend some family business.  But, progress continues!

As you remember, we had to upgrade our modified sine wave inverter (2,000w) to a true sine wave inverter because the manufacturer hadn't tested this particular unit with modified sine wave.  So, instead of banking on a non 100% sure thing we opted to change out the inverter.  The good thing is that we were able to upgrade to a 3,000w true sine wave inverter because wiring that is installed in coach is 10g rather than the suspected 12g.

In one of the pics you'll notice that the floor of the refrigerator cabinet had to be lowered which crunched down the area where the furnace is.  Action RV did a great job reworking the interior vent cover and keeping enough head space in the furnace area for proper operation.

Action anchored the fridge at the top and at the base.

Today's pics show the installed fridge with the protective plastic cover still on the doors.  Next couple of days they will install door locks and a couple other items not related and we may be able to bring her home then.

Deb and I haven't seen the install in person yet but are tickled to death from the pictures and conversations with Action (Pete).

So, Carl......Real World, Cold Beer and Frozen Blue Bell here we come!

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

Blake.  Between the floor and the fridge, you have a great looking coach.  Now, when you get it home or before, have Action check to see if the top and bottom of doors latches (4) are plastic or metal ?  If plastic, replace at once!

Carl

Thanks Carl and Joe!

Yes, hahaha  I was gonna use a rubber bungee!  Don't think that would fly too well with Deb.  Actually, Action has a solution that we are going to look at today.  Will keep you posted.

Blake

I used 2 Sugatsune HC-85/s latches that I purchased from amazon.com.  I placed one at the top of the refrigerator doors and the other latched on the right refrigerator door to secure the freezer draw out door.  I chose to secure the latched with double stick tape that is rates to secure a 30 lb pull per sq in of tape.  I cut the heads off of the SS screws that were provided with the latched and used JB weld to secure the screw heads in the holes.  I didn't want to drill holes in the refrigerator doors, was scared that I might drill in to something that was important.

I have has no problem with door opening.

Jim

DSCN0008.JPG

DSCN0007.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG