Blake, I'm on my third coach now, with a residential fridge.  2 like yours and my current 2door.  Have never had one open while traveling...like in the house, unless you pull the handle.  The seals are a lot better than Norcold or Dometic! 

Carl

Carl,

That's a great observation.  I think we may try going without a latch until we find we may need it.  Thank you for that!

Blake

I started out with no latches,  the refrigerator doors never opened, but the freezer drawer did open occasionally.

Jim B 

I just finished my residential refrigerator up grade. We have a 2009 Gulfstream Constellation.The samsung was too tall to fit my unit. So, I found a Frigidare  an 18 My cubic foot upper freezer 2 door. My inverter was never wired to the ref receptacle. I usually run my generator when traveling so I have no problem. I had to remove passenger captain chair, the grab bar by the door and pull the pin on safety device on door. I had to remove the doors, all 4 on Dometic RM 1350 and out the door it went. Removed the doors from new fridge and in it went.. Since the weather has been lousy in Florida we haven't got to cruise yet. It took about 3 eight hour days to complete. I had to paint the trim I placed around and made sure that it was secure and would not move. I have photos but they are on my ipad, If interested I will be glad to email them to you.     "medic103b@gmail.com"

Lex and Karen Cauffield

2009 Gulfstream Tourmaster Consellation 45g

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo  SMI braking system