hayesfamily

Party Lights?

I came across these lights in my coach that the previous owner left for me. The light seemed to be able to connect at one end and continuously string out for however before the voltage ridiculously drops. Can somebody tell me if the DW is right and these are Christmas lights or are these some type of party lights? Where and how do I hang them up if they are for outside the coach?

0208170053_HDR.jpg

Keon,

Your coaches previous owner was a bit sadistic. His thought was,"these rope lights are too tangled to mess with. Lets just leave them in the coach and the next owner will think they are a Modern Art Sculpture.":o :rolleyes:

Some folks like to light up the bottom of their coaches when parked. I am too lazy to completely decorate my coach when parked for a few days. Besides it makes unhooking a lot harder especially if it is raining. But what the hey, now Michelle has some more light for you to put up and take down at Christmas. 

Herman

Keon, as Herman stated, some people will outline their campsite for a few reasons, one of which I know only works 10% of the time :angry:.

1, to keep rodents away, I have no idea if this is true or not.

2, to define your personal space that you have rented so peopled don't trample through your site and break your stuff. This is the one that only works 10% of the time. I have found "Crime Scene" tape works the best :ph34r: :lol:. Campground didn't like it but it kept the people's kids out of our site that don't know how to teach them respect these days. I told the CG if you enforce your rules you wont even know I'm here, they got the hint.

I like the crime scene tape. :P Now all Keon needs is some led flamingos add some garden gnomes and a laser light projector and he will be ready to go. :D

It amazes me how much stuff some people haule around to put out. One time watched some people setting up across from us and they spent 2 hours geting out stuff. Latter  when I was walking the dog I asked how long were they staying. I was a little surprised when they said they were leaving in the morning.:huh:

Bill

Hey Keon,

We bought some of those when our coach was brand new.  I kinda got like Herman and quickly tired of taking them out and putting them up.  So, only used them for a couple of trips. 

I've turned into a minimalist when I can.  Two chairs, a small grill and a foldout table to put the grill out.  I only put out the lawn rug when I'm on dirt or gravel.  And when I'm outside I leave the basement door open with the slide tray extended to reach the ice chest.

Blake

I've tried to discourage my DW from being a HAULIST for 30 years of camping now, and I still have to go behind her dumping THINGS so that I will have enough power to pull up the hill leading to my home.:)

41 minutes ago, blakeloke said:

Hey Keon,

We bought some of those when our coach was brand new.  I kinda got like Herman and quickly tired of taking them out and putting them up.  So, only used them for a couple of trips. 

I've turned into a minimalist when I can.  Two chairs, a small grill and a foldout table to put the grill out.  I only put out the lawn rug when I'm on dirt or gravel.  And when I'm outside I leave the basement door open with the slide tray extended to reach the ice chest.

Blake

10 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

I came across these lights in my coach that the previous owner left for me. The light seemed to be able to connect at one end and continuously string out for however before the voltage ridiculously drops. Can somebody tell me if the DW is right and these are Christmas lights or are these some type of party lights? Where and how do I hang them up if they are for outside the coach?

0208170053_HDR.jpg

Mount the permanently....Flip the switch, Done!

IMG_20150213_194455436.jpg

Ben there done it they got to be a pain in the but to set up they were headed for the can a fellow camper thought they were cool so now he proudly displays them.

Corona --

A vast majority of motorhomes at an LSU football weekend have some type of outdoor light for Friday night partying ahead of the Saturday and after game partying (or drowing sorrows) late on Saturday nights.  Some motorhome owners use rope lights on the ground or wrapped around awning arms.  At best the rope lights are and look messy and when on the ground become a tripping hazard.

If you are looking for outdoor lighting, I and many of my LSU brethren use globe lights that are easy to hang and remove from an awning during a football weekend. Mine of course are in purple and yellow colors --> http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RV-Globe-Lights-Purple-Yellow-6-Pack.html

I often do not use the awning lights outside of football season at RV resorts as the "old people" and construction workers go to bed at sunset.  So in RV resorts my wife and I sit under the stars enjoying our Pinot Noir until the 10:00 p.m. news starts....

15 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

0208170053_HDR.jpg

Those are not Christmas lights but they certainly could be used that way!  My guess is that these are used as described above to outline the area the owner used at night.  Some will put them up and over the awning lighting the area in and around that area.  If you can get them untangled you can try a couple of different setups and decide if they have any value the way you like to camp.  If not, throw them out and call it a day.

5 hours ago, Corona4me said:

22.5 application?

I was thinking that some of the wheels that they are running are 22" if you could figure out how to attach it, why not.

Bill

The way not part might be due to the fact that they are illegal in many States unless things have changed recently.