bullheadbum

Satellite TV Dome

I have a new to me 1991 Beaver Marquis and am trying to figure out what I have for equipment.  I didn't get any manuals with it. I have a satellite TV dome on the roof and no equipment inside and no information plate or markings on the dome or inside the dome. Can anyone tell me what I have by looking at the picture. Thanks in advance for any information. Keith 

20170208_134419.jpg

The unit you have is pretty much obsolete.  Do you have satellite tv at home?  If so you should get a corresponding dish for the motorhome and use your home receiver.

That is a Winegard Movin' View.  It should still work just fine with DirecTV service but due to changes made by Dish Network the antenna cannot receive Dish Network programming.

The dome (all domes) cannot receive any of the DirecTV HD programming either so you would have to be happy with DirecTV and happy to only pick up the SD channels.  If you don't have the newer HD TV's in your coach then this should be fine.  The dome style antennas will also not work with the most current DTV receivers so you have to ensure that you are using a receiver with model number of "24 or less"  H24, HR24, H23, D12.....  If you don't have service at home and plan to use a receiver in the RV only you will still have to sign a 2 year agreement and you can suspend the service for up to 6 months at a time (extending your contract at the same time).  Let us know if you have one service or the other at home and how you plan to use it so we can give you some additional details.

We have Directv at home and with our last motorhome we used a tripod mounted SD dish and one of our house HD receivers. I don't have any box or control inside the motorhome for the dome just cut wires. Probably better just to use the tripod and take the dome off the roof and see if anyone can use the dome for parts.