jcogley

Allison MH 2500 4 speed

2006 HR Neptune 30 hp Cummins will not go into gear.

All I get is DN  or RN  versus D1 or RR.

I have had engine at high idle for 5 min. or more  and RPM is at 700 or less.

Please help. It was fine 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, jcogley said:

2006 HR Neptune 30 hp Cummins will not go into gear.

All I get is DN  or RN  versus D1 or RR.

I have had engine at high idle for 5 min. or more  and RPM is at 700 or less.

Please help. It was fine 2 weeks ago.

Welcome to the forum. DD69 is right. Try taping the brake or shutting off the cruise.

I hope you get a tune up so you can get more than 30 hp out of that 2006 HR Neptune.;)

Bill

desertdeals.  I had a 2007 Chevy 2500, 4x4, Duramax, with the 2500 Allison 6 gear.

Bill, your right, saw it, but did not want to say anything...figured he had enough on his plate!  Sorry, no ref. intended...where still working on this! :D

The 2500 is capable of 6th gear or overdrive gear if you prefer. I have the 2500 in my Coach and the fly-by-wire shifter.  I believe the 2500 can be programmed for 6 gears depending on the manufacturer of the vehicle.

Herman.  As Bill said.  At 30hp, he's not moving fast ! B) Sorry JC, could not help myself...:lol:

JC.  I accidentally hit N once, while moving, around 10mph.  Stopped and put on parking brake, then turned off engine for 30sec. restarted and released brake, hit D and away I went. I had not gotten on to I-10 in Houston yet, when it happened...the Manufacturer rep. was not happy! :ph34r: My first experience with an Allison! :D

Carl