rfsod48

Phoenix to Deming NM

Question

9 answers to this question

Roland.

60 to Globe, has some curves in it and scenic vistas.  70 goes to Lordsburg and I-10 to Deming, NM.  Both good roads, no problem.  Lot's of small Indian towns!  I may take it back from Chandler.

An other option is (if weather allows) to take I-17N to Flagstaff and I-40E to Holbrooke.  Then 180 to 191 to 60E in Springerville, AZ, Stay on 60 to Socorro, NM, South on I-25 to Hwy 380E, to Roswell, NM...that's how I will return to TX. after Chandler.  We have the time to sightsee on the way home!  Will probably take the cut off in El Capitan, NM to Ruidoso and spend 3 or 4 days there at Circle B Campground.

If you do take Hwy 60 across NM and you like to eat any kind of Pie, stop at the World Famous Pie Town Café in Pie Town, NM.  There's also the LAN's before you get to Magdalena.   

Carl

That is the same route (60/70/I-10) we took last time back from Phoenix to Texas and plan to use again after the Chandler Convention.

No problem, but like Carl said some moderate technical driving just east of Phoenix.

A few miles shorter, a little longer time wise than I-10 all the way.

Our kind of cross country route.

Thanks for the info, we are returning home March 1 due to previous obligations, if weather permits I will take that route instead of 10 all the way. 

Carl,

Pie sounds mighty good ? when I was little I had a pie for my birthday, I wanted blueberry and in February they were hard to find in Ohio where I grew up. If we go that way we will be sure to stop.

Bill.  LOL, your leaving for AZ. the 27th.  Roland is leaving for Texas the 1st of March!  Where is it, that you'll see him? :o:lol:

Carl

We would love to go to Chandler but other obligations force us to return to Michigan. I hope all of you have a great time at the meeting.

Roland