f442485

FMCA Roadside Assistance

I have said this before !  Here goes again.  I have both Coach Net & GS !  Each is good for part, neither is 100%...:(:P

A friend of ours from Little Rock, AR is in FL. Had a heart attack.  FMCA Assist is flying him to LR, arranging for return of MH, and flying two puppies (Dogs) to LR.

Thank you FMCA Assist for the excellent care you give to those in need.

To avoid confusion, FMCAssist is not FMCA Roadside Assistance. FMCAssist is repatriation for medical situations which is included in you dues. FMCA Roadside Assistance is for your motor vehicles, and there is a yearly charge. 

This topic started for Roadside not repatriation assistance. 

So, what would you like to say?  Positive or negative?  about either! :)

Did not think that Wayne or I was confused ! :P

Carl

Both are good benefits, but many times I have heard members that did not know the difference. Therefore, I posted the clarification so that other members that read this thread that do not know the difference will not get confused by a post that was not consistent with the original topic. 

Ross.  Point taken!

I'm guessing that Wayne figured FMCAssist belonged under "Roadside Assistance".  They are both useful while traveling away from home!  The only ones who might get confused, are non FMCA members of Forum.  Up side of that is, they will look up what you get as a member of FMCA and learn about Assist and it's included in your annual dues.  Rather than a separate policy!  Good Sam offers it at $99 a year + Annual dues!  Just my humble thought...

The last time that we had a post on FMCAssist was under General Discussion" and it turned into a fiasco for Poster and us !  "Coach Fire in San Diego RV Park" !  Later we learned there was a medical issue also!  Had it been posted here, she might have gotten a better response...I personally think we need a section on this subject matter!

Carl

Thanks guys for your comments.

When I first posted this message, I was also wondering if some members in San Diego would know Angelo's Towing in order to help us solving this issue  

I just signed up for the Roadside Assistance (program?) now, as I'm about to take my first major (to me) trip and

like the OP (original poster) I hope I never need it either.  But it should be better to have it and not need it vs. not having it an needing it.

Unfortunately I was able to find a used tire to purchase as a back up - yet.  My tires are about 3 years old so hopefully they will not blow out because of age.  After my trip I will continue to keep looking for a used tire.  I guess my size (275/70R/22.5) isn't as common as other sizes.

How many of you keep a spare (either used or new) on-board your coach just in case?

10 hours ago, RedandSilver said:

I just signed up for the Roadside Assistance (program?) now, as I'm about to take my first major (to me) trip and

like the OP (original poster) I hope I never need it either.  But it should be better to have it and not need it vs. not having it an needing it.

Unfortunately I was able to find a used tire to purchase as a back up - yet.  My tires are about 3 years old so hopefully they will not blow out because of age.  After my trip I will continue to keep looking for a used tire.  I guess my size (275/70R/22.5) isn't as common as other sizes.

How many of you keep a spare (either used or new) on-board your coach just in case?

I don't carry a spare. Keep in mind the spare is going to age out the same as your outher tires. I would put the money in a savings account.

Bill 

3 year old tires!  You got another 3 years left, before you got to keep a sharp eye out for cracks in sidewalls!  Why keep a used tire?