rickkey2

Jacks Retract When Key Turned To ACC ?

Whenever I extend or retract my jacks I always put my ignition key to on ( one click to the right ). Today I was doing maintenance and had the coach up on the leveling jacks and went inside and for what reason I don`t know but I turned the key switch to ACC ( one click to the left ) and the jacks retracted. I was told and it is in my book to put switch to on to lower and raise the jack.

Is this normal for this to happen when ignition switch is put to ACC when jacks are down?:ph34r:

Rick,

Did they retract as soon as you turned it to ACC or did you turn it to ACC and then hit the "jack retract" button?

And what jack system do you have?

Hi Brett it is a Power Gear system and it went to retract as soon as I went to ACC. all the lights on the jack panel were flashing and then stopped when jacks were fully retracted. I looked under the coach and all jacks were fully up. I put them back down and did it the way I normally do ( key to on and turned jack system on hit auto retract button and the wait light stays on until jacks are all the way up then light turns off. But as I said if I go to ACC all the lights on the jack panel flash until jacks are fully retracted. And I did not put jack system to on it just goes straight to retract?

On my Power Gear system it only works when the ign switch is on and the panel is turned on and they only retract when I push the retract button.

4 hours ago, rickkey2 said:

Hi Brett it is a Power Gear system and it went to retract as soon as I went to ACC. all the lights on the jack panel were flashing and then stopped when jacks were fully retracted. I looked under the coach and all jacks were fully up. I put them back down and did it the way I normally do ( key to on and turned jack system on hit auto retract button and the wait light stays on until jacks are all the way up then light turns off. But as I said if I go to ACC all the lights on the jack panel flash until jacks are fully retracted. And I did not put jack system to on it just goes straight to retract?

Did you try it again to see if it does it every time or was a abnormality? I would need to get your owners manual out and do some reading. I have never tried putting the switch to acc with the jacks down.

Bill

I will try it tomorrow just to check but as I said I will follow the book and put the key to on and operate as I have done for years. as far as I can tell I do not need ACC for anything. If I want to play my radio with the key off I just need to toggle the radio switch to on and it powers the radio, no key involved. Just was not sure if ACC had anything to do with jacks . It evidently does but I do not know what or why?:wacko:

Rick.  I'm as confused as you are!  :o I do the same as you, including music.  My Jacks are inoperable right now, as I have a broken hydraulic line and no fluid in tank, so I can't test the ACC thing.  My Air level works fine and I tried ACC on it...nothing happened. :) I have the Power Gear Valid air and jacks.

I'll let Bill work it out ! :P

Carl 

Went online and looked up Power Gear Operation and Troubleshooting I found this.

LEVELING SYSTEM RETRACTS WHEN KEY IS PUT INTO ACC POSITION PROBABLE CAUSE CORRECTIVE ACTION Improper wiring to 6 pin harness See TIP sheets 195, 196, 197, 199, 200, 204, 205. I am now going to try to find the tip sheets, also I called Power Gear tech support and they told me that Forest River must have wired it that way and he thought they might have done this as a emergency retract if the jack panel failed but he said that was just a guess. I also put a call into Mitch Wirt at Forest River but have not received a reply as of yet. Any thoughts or information on this please respond . Thanks Rick:ph34r: