manholt

Dash Heater Only Blows Cold Air

Wayne.  One of the reasons I have my sanity is, I have no DW !:P I figured, 4 DW's in one lifetime was enough !  :lol::rolleyes: To the unspoken question, of anyone else who reads this, all my exes are buried in Texas! B)

21 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Good thought Wayne, the problem is that Carl is asking for Linda's coach not his. His coach is toasty Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.:lol:

Herman 

...and it's toasty why?  Hot air emitting from larynx most likely.

Back to Linda's issue. When The dash temperature knob was unable to alter the temp on our coach the issue was at the rear of the control. The cable end broke away from the control behind the dash.  That was easy to change out, just a bit expensive. 

If the cooling system has been serviced on the unit, there could also be an air lock in the hoses leading to the heater core.

As in other comments, the hose will be cool or cold.

Since the day time temps are finally in the 60's and sunny, we are going to see what we can find today at noon.  Have another Brett Seminar after breakfast.  Most of the Diesel Club members are staying until Sunday, before going to Chandler...it's a 120 mile run, that takes 3 hours on a good day!

Carl

Shutoff valves are usually found on or near the engine water pump. Perhaps it started to leak and the previous owner shut the valve off. Usually the easiest short term fix, and then it was sold or traded.