LeeB7

Update On My No-Cold Norcold

Well I had a heck of a time getting my Norcold fridge to work with out in going into no-co messages when using LP... I tore apart the burner and cleaned the burner it's self with 91% rubbing alcohol and replacing the Igniter  which I discovered had broken free from the ceramic which let it fall right on to the burner and ground out and preventing the flame to burn and create muli-volts to hold the valve open....

After many emails with the owner of ARPrv.com we decided it must be the propane regulator and low and behold that was it, now when the burner is lit I can hear it roar...... Now my traveling bomb of a refrigerator works as it should... I have the Norcold recall box installed and plan on taking it one step further by installing the  ARPrv safety solution what it does is it monitors the burner tube and shuts it off BEFORE the Norcold valve shuts it off and you have to take it to a dealer to get it reset when it goes into no-co. (Yes you can do the magnet trick) but that didn't work for mine. So I had to reset the board.

I am now looking forward to the 2017 camping/traveling season now knowing I can boondock again...... I would have installed a residential fridge but $$$$$$ held me back

Lee.  Thanks for the update!  By this time you know more than the NorCold Tech's! :lol:  Wish you good fortune for the 2017 travel season...but save your pennies just in case the system goes wacko again..:):o

Carl

GM had big problems trying to sell one of their car models  in S America years ago due to the name: NOVA, which meant "no go" in Spanish.

Kind of wonder if Norcold really subtly states the truth in their name? Such as: "neither hot nor cold"?