Recent installation of a special build Hydralift for transporting our companion 1200 lb. Garia 2+2 VIA 4-passenger street legal Low Speed Vehicle (LSV). Now we can tote it along with us while still flat towing our Jeep GC when desired. Installation performed by NIRVC-Lewisville, TX, our Newmar Platinum Dealership. While at it, we also had a 4-litre auto-deploy high pressure fire suppression system from Fire Fight Products (.com) installed in the engine bay as an additional safety feature.

For those interested in knowing, The Garia 2+2 VIA is a 4-passenger street legal all electric Low Speed Vehicle (LSV) manufactured in Denmark and new to the US market. The Garia LSV comes OEM equipped with all required US safety devices as prescribed by the NHTSB, DOT and fully meets all CFR 49.500 requirements. As shown, our LSV has been duly registered and issued license plates for our home state. The LSV can be legally driven on public roads where posted speed limits do not exceed 35 MPH and can also cross roads where the speed limits are greater (up to 50 MPH). It is also permissible to traverse roads where the speed limit is >35 MPH (up to 50 mph) for a distance of 1/4-mile when connecting to another street where posted speed limits are 35 MPH. The Garia has both ECO and Sport mode settings whereby in Sport, it can achieve a maximum speed of 25 mph in it's stock configuration (adjustment to the power controller will allow the LSV to reach speeds of 35 MPH if desired). 

To mitigate the outcome of being stopped by lessor informed Police Officers (and we' know that's going to happen on occasion), just like an automobile, we must carry with us (in the LSV), copies of our Registration, Proof of Insurance, and display a valid State Inspection, etc. We also have written documentation from the US DOT (CFR 49.500) and the National Insurance Association which details the laws governing the permissable use of LSV(s) on public roads in each of the 50 contiguous States. 

And while we are not "golfers", we wanted the LSV to use for our recreation when traveling the USA in our coach while we can continue to flat tow our Jeep Grand Cherokee along with us when we want to. Hope you enjoy the photos.

20170222_114629.jpg

20170222_114644.jpg

20170222_170402.jpg

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

20170221_104841.jpg

16836686_1851641425079725_5614151557889826953_o.jpg

Interesting, I see where you have seat belts in front, but none in back...so legally speaking, it's a 2 seater, not 4 on any public road under 35mph!  EZE-GO 48V. or 72V would do the same thing. Not sure I would want to go 25  mph in a golf cart...:unsure::rolleyes:

Nice looking coach and Hydralift

Carl.  

You just can't see them in all of the photos, but It does have OE rear passenger lap/2-point restraints (seat belts). That's all that's required by US DOT (49 CFR 571) so its is compliant for 4-passengers. Take another look at the photo from the rear of the LSV and you'll see the latches. The belts themselves retract into the seat bottom when not in use.

10 minutes ago, manholt said:

It was designed by Hansen of Denmark, Manufactured in Finland.  It debut in NY Auto show 2010 at $17,500 :wacko:

Correct. That was the golf cart version (steel frame/substructure) while the LSV emerged later and is an all aluminum frames/sub-structure with front/rear wishbone suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes, etc. etc. and somewhat more costly than the golf cart.

Nice set up! Good idea on the fire suppression system.

Carl, my Club Car topped out at 28 MPH. I put upgraded brakes on all 4 wheels, lights turn signals, horn windshield and wipers, seat belts and and DOT tires. We went with the Club Car at the time as it had the aluminum frame which made me think it would last longer.

Bet it did not last as long as my fiberglass !  It's still looking good, after 10 years of working at the ranch.  We removed the back seat and welled on a platform large enough to strap a 50 gallon fertilizer tank onto, with outrigger 10 foot spray bars...we use it for weed killer also!  48V, no governor, street legal in Texas...1/2 mile of street to run, between house and the other 3 sections! :o In the process of building 3 more carts, need 2 for the other ranch by Dallas.

Carl, w:wub:hat kind of welding machine did you use to weld onto that fiberglass?:ph34r: The devil made me do it LOL.

Rewilla, that's a good looking setup. 

Kay.  It's still early, cold, rain/sleet and now on my second cup of coffee....:lol:  I'm at Camp Verde, AZ.  Have not seen the North side off 44 degrees, since 57 in El Paso 10 days ago! :blink:

22 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Carl, w:wub:hat kind of welding machine did you use to weld onto that fiberglass

TOP SECRET :ph34r:

On April 12, 2017 at 9:23 PM, RedandSilver said:

That must be a long tow bar to hook up the Jeep.

Do you have a picture with the LSV and the Jeep hooked up?

The lift has a 18" extension for the receiver hitch which employs additional strengthening. No wiggle whatsoever and the Jeep tows just fine. 

IMG_2232.JPG

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Is that a single shaft, self aligning hitch, for Jeep?  Or just the angle of pic.

If you blow it up and look closely you can see both arms of the tow bar.

Thanks Bill, wasn't sure...there was/is a company who makes the one arm.

Tombstone.  Welcome to the Forum!

Suggest you goggle it...there are dealers, mostly in Nevada, CA. and AZ.  But other Shops, like Smithy in Houston,TX can get them for you and do the installation.  Before you think about it, make sure your coach chassis can handle the extra weight and overhang.  Not a good fit for a gas coach.

That looks like a bunch of work to unhook the toad and lower the cart, I can see all of the supports to spread the load for the toad tow bar.

Best to have a side radiator.  I have friends in FL. and NC that carry their MC's on those lifts...works great, but the bike gets real dirty with a rear radiator.  Some of those kind of lifts are hydraulic electric and some are cable electric.

On April 17, 2017 at 7:10 AM, jleamont said:

That looks like a bunch of work to unhook the toad and lower the cart, I can see all of the supports to spread the load for the toad tow bar.

It's not bad (hooking up or disconnecting) but as you rightly point out, it does takes some additional effort. i.e. ~ 20 mins.