fagnaml

Cracked Decals

Until this past weekend for a Mardi Gras outing I hadn't used my motorhome since the last LSU football game in mid-November (i.e. an 2-1/2 month hiatus).   To my great surprise the two inch wide maroon colored decal across the front of the motorhome had oxidized and cracked in numerous spots despite the fact that the motorhome is in a new covered (but not enclosed) storage facility with the front of the motorhome facing north (meaning no sun exposure!).   In the photo of my motorhome below, the white and large gray areas are paint.  The "swirls" and narrow bands on the side and front of the motorhome.   What suggestions does the forum have for preventing the other decals from rapidly oxidizing and cracking?   Would Amorall or some other protectant work?   Is there anything that can be done to restore the cracked decal other than full replacement?  Thanks for the help!

RV Storage Facility --> http://grandparkwayboatandrvstorage.com/ --> website has photo showing my motorhome under cover

IMG_0902.JPG

There is a really good Graphics place on main St. North side of Nacogdoches, Texas.  Herman knows them...send him a PM.

DD69 is right, 303 works good, but only before not after...I fought Oxidation for years on my older coaches,  Never found any thing to restore, just prevent for a limited time,,

Carl 

Sounds like they dried out the rest of the way naturally. 303 from early on would have helped.

Nice looking set up!!

If you are up to it just replace them. I bought replacements for the last coach on EBay and replaced all of them, even added a few extra for a more personal touch.