rhsjwjr

RV Upgrade/Remodel Recommendations

We are planning a trip to the Elkhart, Indiana area in April of this year and are researching places to have a custom buffet/computer desk installed as well as replace carpeting.  Companies we've researched include:  New Debut (M. C. Miller Customs), Pro Custom, and Master Tech.  Would love some input as to the quality and reliability of their services, or even a suggestion of somewhere up there that is known for quality work.  We have a 2008 Winnebago Vectra, 40 foot, diesel.  Thanks a bunch!

Sandy from Alabama     

Sandy.

I'm real partial to Texas Custom Coach aka Custom Coach Work in Pipe Creek, Texas. 1-830-510-4224  Dave Miller is owner...at least call him and explain what you want.  They do fantastic fabrication and it's hard to beat $80 an hour.  Don't let the rate fool you, they would be just as happy to do (and they do) a 2 million dollar Prevost Conversion.  I have all my work done there!

Carl

On 03/07/2017 at 10:06 PM, manholt said:

Sandy.

I'm real partial to Texas Custom Coach aka Custom Coach Work in Pipe Creek, Texas. 1-830-510-4224  Dave Miller is owner...at least call him and explain what you want.  They do fantastic fabrication and it's hard to beat $80 an hour.  Don't let the rate fool you, they would be just as happy to do (and they do) a 2 million dollar Prevost Conversion.  I have all my work done there!

Carl

3 hours ago, srhett9009 said:

Do you have any idea of how long of a back log they have?

Are you talking about TCC? The best thing to do is call and talk to them.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Bill

We just had new floor and remodel of our bedroom to permit king bed done by M.C.Miller. Megan was a pleasure to deal with and the work was top notch. We are very pleased.

Roland

On 3/7/2017 at 9:56 AM, RHSJWJR said:

We are planning a trip to the Elkhart, Indiana area in April of this year and are researching places to have a custom buffet/computer desk installed as well as replace carpeting.  Companies we've researched include:  New Debut (M. C. Miller Customs), Pro Custom, and Master Tech.  Would love some input as to the quality and reliability of their services, or even a suggestion of somewhere up there that is known for quality work.  We have a 2008 Winnebago Vectra, 40 foot, diesel.  Thanks a bunch!

Sandy from Alabama     

I would recommend  Ernie Ekberg,  talk to him. I don't know anyone who does a better job on floors. ernietex@yahoo.com.

Bill

Ernie is good, but for those of us who don’t live in Texas he is a little impractical. He hasn’t traveled to do work for a long time.

Roland

Roland, true.  You need to go to him now....we are not getting younger.  For you, Texas is beyond impractical....:lol:

This time of year TCC is about a week out.  My fault, I put them on the map in the past 3 years! :o

Erniee, as I said in my previous post the photos I have seen of your work look good. For many of us traveling to Texas just isn’t reasonable and doesn’t fit into our plans or schedule. In no way did I mean to demean your work. If someone can fit their schedule to yours then if that is what they want they should do it.

Roland

Herman,

The border doesn’t get you, it’s the fact that you can travel for days and never leave the state! Like the saying goes “ everything is bigger in Texas” :D   Really my point was that if Texas isn’t in the cards, there are some great craftsman near Elkhart that can do the job.

Roland

That's a truism..but we have better weather, like little if no snow! :o  Besides, the Amish don't have a Ernie! :lol:  If they did Ernie would not afford a Prevost !:P:rolleyes:

All kidding aside....good luck with project.:)

Ernie, it really comes down to a 2600 mile round trip and lodging for 7-10 days with meals being a big no for me. Another problem I have is that my wife is disabled so this type of travel would not be good for her. My time and her happiness are worth far more than the savings you might be able to give me. Again I know your work is good but I am very comfortable with the people I have chosen and their work. 

I attended a seminar by Master Tech RV at the convention in Indy this summer.  It was an excellent, professional presentation.  About a day later we discovered a leak which I traced to the shower valve.  I went to the Master Tech RV table in the registration area.  They agreed to come look at our problem.  It took a run for parts and a second visit.  Job done.  No problems since.  They were friendly, excellent workers and the price was on the high side.  It was a mobile job and there were two men on the job at all times.  If what you want is high quality work and are willing to pay the price for that quality, they should meet your needs.  They do all types of remodeling work, ceilings, furniture, electronic dash, exterior.