billfrid42

40' Revolution To A Winnebago 42E (Tag axle)

I hope I am doing this correctly - first time posting. I am considering upgrading my 40' Revolution to a Winnebago 42E (Tag axle). I am interested in opinions regarding the extra length, Tag axle pros and cons etc. I've also heard that there may be restrictions on >40' coaches in certain areas/roadways. Thank You all !

Bill.  Welcome to the Forum!

I take it your current coach is an older model and the WB 42E is a new one...2017 or 18?  I like tag, look under my name.  Restrictions?  Never had an issue from coast to coast.  Would help to know where you live. 

Carl

Blake.  If Ernie bought them brand new, I would agree! :P His Prevost is a 1997!  Feel free to Google, Prevost-Stuff and look at prices in the 1990's, no slides! :o

Wanderlodge, Prevost, Mci, why did they need a slide?:o Not knocking slides, but with only two people on board!:rolleyes: Slides were available then also.

Kay.  I have no problem with non-slide and it's a lot of headaches eliminated, along with extra weight and cost !  However, those who are not old Dinosaurs in RV'g, want slide out's, the more the merrier!  Then there are those, who have had several Class A's, like Linda, without slides and now has her own 40 foot DP, with 3 slides and she want's 4 !!  

Go figure

Carl

billfrid42.

Back to OP folks!

The only restrictions I have come across is in certain areas in California. Mostly coastal communities, around the LA area and it's been city ordinance...like Santa Monica! :wacko: Also some in NE.  Use common sense, there are roads that a sane person should stay away from in any length RV, an example would be US Hwy. 89A from Sedona, AZ. to Flagstaff !  The Blue Ridge Parkway comes to mind (there are some sections that you can do it), but not many!

Carl

Thanks all, and manholt , I have a 2004 Fleetwood looking at a 2014 Winnebago..........

Forgot  to mention, I live in Upstate (Mohawk Valley Region) New York.....

Mine is 41.5, a little common sense should keep anyone out of trouble. The only restrictions that has kept me out from anywhere that I wanted to go is of course weight and a campground that couldn't accommodate the length, most can. :lol:Now just a little humor Ernie, I thought about adding a slide from the roof for fast getaways!;)

I'm kinda with Kay on this one.  Especially with mobile apps such as Google Earth.  We've only had to unhook once where we didn't expect to.  That was early on and our travel companions said our coaches would fit fine on a river crossing ferry in Oregon.  Ferry operator just shook his head and said something bad.

For me, upsizing would be awesome.

Blake