redandsilver

Rarely Seen Motorhome

P1050643.thumb.JPG.9bf35c1dc9f816e7b76735256d6d157b.JPG

I know that I haven't seen any other Motorhomes like the one I now own.

It's a 2002 Rexhall Rose Air Diesel Pusher with a Cummins ISC 350HP.  It has 2 slides, a side radiator and no TV over the front seats. :)

In this image it's just about ready for it's Winter nap.  With any luck next year it will be napping in warmer weather.

Nice, saw one last year, for sale in Houston, Texas and ran across one with the Rexhall Chapter, FMCA Rally in Redmond, OR 2014...that's it.  The Rexhalls been around for a long time and was the first Manufacturer to offer slide out's, it was called the T-Rex, 2 full wall slides!  They still make them.  The Rose Air, never really took off, so it was replaced with the Aerbus and Clipper, still being built today and the most popular is the Aerbus 40 DP.

Carl

No Fireplace in mine.  There is storage in place of where a fireplace could have been.  I think it was ordered without one.

No basement slide out trays either - however that means I can fit a bicycle in the basement by just removing the front wheel.

And a few other things can fit too, as slide out trays do take up some room and reduce the height available for items.

Thanks for the comments.

I still as of now, have not seen another RoseAir in person.  Yes the Aerbus is more popular and I've even seen a few.  But in 2002 did they come in a DP version?

I thought (at least the older ones) were gas units instead of diesel.  I knew when looking for a coach that Diesels were the only units I was interested in.

Carl - are you saying that Rexhall was the very first manufacturer to have Slide-outs of any Coach ever made?

I didn't know that - if that's what you were saying.  

I would have thought one of the big name current manufacturers would have owned that title.

BTW I do like the fact that they used hydraulic cylinders for the slide-outs.

I don't know about "Any coach, ever made"!?  They had some "off the wall" designed trailers, bus conversions and "Coach Cars", long before the "cookie cutters" came out !

Carl 

On 7/27/2017 at 10:38 AM, hermanmullins said:

Ask Red where his diesel fill neck is.😯

It's in the front Just right of center.

It's been close a few times but I've always been able to reach with a fuel hose.

Although I'm training myself to pull to the left more if the hose is on the left which seems to be the most common situations I've run into.

And of course I do have to stop with the front of the coach at the fuel hose and not go past it or I would not be able to reach the fuel fill on the coach.

But like everything you learn what you have to do to get the job done.

Not sure I understand the problem with the fuel fill.   At a truck stop you can fill at the diesel pumps from either side.  Is the right hand pump line too short to reach as well?  Help me out here.  That is an odd place for a fuel fill, however.

Yes Bill, it is in a strange location. but when filling you only have to stop with the front of the coach even with the pump and pull the hose close to the middle of the windshield. Different, Yes, but it worked for Rexhall.

Herman

Makes me feel spoiled, with fuel fills on each side of the coach. There are some gas coaches with the fill in the middle in the back. I think it would be harder to hit it perfectly.

Bill 

On 7/29/2017 at 6:51 AM, BillAdams said:

Not sure I understand the problem with the fuel fill.   At a truck stop you can fill at the diesel pumps from either side.  Is the right hand pump line too short to reach as well?  Help me out here.  That is an odd place for a fuel fill, however.

Two things come to mind here.

1st is maybe in 2002 not all diesel fill lanes had duel fills so they decided to put one near the center so it could be filled from either side,

2nd is they could argue that you can fill from either side but it only cost them one fill point to be installed instead of two.

I also "fixed" the need to go to Photobucket to view the image I had posted through them and then they decided to take away third party posting of images unless you paid them an outrageous fee - which I assume is not a popular option for them but I also assume they are making more money then they did before as some might feel it's worth - I'm not one of those that feel that way.  But at least now anyone viewing this thread won't have to be redirected to another website and wait for an image to load.  B)

Our first RV was a '97 Rexhall Rolls Air with a Cummins engine and a Spartan chassis.  You can see it was similar to your Rose Air.  We were told that Rexhall made very few of the Rolls Air because Rolls Royce became upset with the use of the "Rolls" name.  So Rexhall dropped the Rolls Air and developed the Rose Air.  The fuel fill was in a conventional location, on the passenger side behind the front wheel.  We towed a Gold Wing around the West with it.

ajustwashed.thumb.JPG.613d476d57b0bbd417bdbeb441188f9d.JPG

Mike.

All bikers I have met & know, keep their rigs in clean, running condition.  Like the bike! :D What year Honda?  Mine is a 2007 HD Classic Cruiser Trike. 

I would guess around 9....my engine is broke in now & getting 7.2...my Fiance Linda, has a 40 foot DP, 350 CAT and getting 9.2 now! 

Don't know what you got?!