Sagorsch

Tar/Sewer Smell From Battery Compartment

You can see our outlet once the engine hatch is opened.  It's right above tucked in close the inside rear of the coach.

Blake

I'm going to re locate my engine batteries to a more accessible location.  Mine are on a slide tray, above the Jack hydraulic lines and reservoir. I have to remove the bay door to get to them, also the tray is right above the turbo...what idiot comes up with this? :angry:  I have plenty of room for a 2 battery self in the house battery bay, still be able to get to both inverters!  So, I will go to TCC before (I hope) Texarkana the 17th! :rolleyes:

Brett.  Your right.  Problem is, we get no feedback from Sharon, OP, but every 2 weeks or so, but no comment from her on questions!  Frustrating!

For what it's worth, I have to turn my "steps" off or the trickle charge will not keep up with the discharge rate.  First six months of ownership of the MH the service batteries would keep dropping down to 11.x volts.  Called Winnebago and they said that the step motor should be off.   Never had a problem after turning the steps off and plugged into 110 v at storage unit.

Well, I am installing new batteries. You all have been so helpful with your comments, questions and suggestions. Thank you! :)

Along with the batteries I'm adding the watering system to help me keep on top of the water levels. I think it will be worth the investment as I trek around the country this summer. I will certainly turn off the steps wayne77590!

With respect to the temperature module...I just started researching this option and will let you know what I find out.

Happy trails!

Sharon

Sharon.

Good luck, hope it all works out for you!  Please, let us know the results.  It will help another, who has your situation. :)

Carl

Carl, how far away are you moving the chassis batteries? When moving the chassis batteries away from the starter, you must remember that is a very high amp draw when starting the engine and will require lower gauge wire to compensate for extra distance. This is why the builders place those batteries in stupid places, it is called saving money, the higher gauge wire cost less and copper prices fluctuate, most of the time to a higher range.

Kay.  First thought was to far, about 12', so I called a friend this am and he gave me a suggestion to relocate the slide tray that I have about 42 inches...good access, good air circulation and away from turbo and most of heat from engine!  Will have it done in Gladewater and he has plenty off the gauge wire since it's a working ranch.  

On 3/26/2017 at 3:03 AM, manholt said:

Sharon.

Good luck, hope it all works out for you!  Please, let us know the results.  It will help another, who has your situation. :)

Carl

Thank you Carl! 

I am having a diagnostic done to identify any electrical, connection and drain issues. Because of the age of the batteries and I do not know how the batteries where maintained before purchasing my rig I am going to install new batteries, chassis and coach. Am off to start a new string with my curiosities about what type of battery and respective CCA/CA, AH, and such other details I can learn about. :D 

Sharon