Sign in to follow this  
jcghost

2007 Winnebago Tour

JC,

Welcome to the Forum.

We need a bit more information.:o Year, length, engine mfg & hp. Transmission etc,  What are the dates on the tires? Does it have the service records? and last but not least, Does the DW (Dear Wife) like the floor plan.:mellow:

Are you a member of FMCA? If are you a member of a chapter? I know,, I know, there are a lot of questions, but this is how we get to now you.:)

Herman

BillA.  Not really, I had the 40KD with a 400 Cummins, Allison 3000, Onan 8KW, 2 AC's (needed 3).  They also, made a 36 foot.  I think it also had the 400Cummins, but not sure.  I do know that they both where on the Freightliner chassis, mine had 295-80-22.5...don't know about the 36'

Carl

I said most!  Like year and chassis.  Likely all else that was needed was something like 40KD.  No matter, hopefully the OP will return.

Herman, I agree with you! Good to teach a newbie some of the names of his power train and accessory systems. You never know how much they have been around class a diesels. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new coach. This is a great resource please take advantage of it. 

Carl 2004 American tradition 40w 370 hp cummins Spartan chassis. 

2013 Honda CR-V 

If I was the OP I would likely not return based upon the first response.  Just me, the way I saw it. Why grill the OP about whether he's a member, or chapter member, etc.  Thought I would try to soften the response.  I do hope we hear from the OP again.

Sorry, not a coffee drinker.  Still hopes the OP returns.  There are plenty of folks willing to help.

I'll ask a few questions since it is on my list also.  The main question is storage bins being hung below the slide outs.  Is there really enough storage with those compared to the pass throughs on other coaches if you are full time?  Also, is the basement air a problem and do you need roof air to make it cool in hot climates?

I have a 2008 Winnebago Destination and it does not have pass through....well, except for 8 inches at the top.  That 8 inches is enough for folding chairs and other narrow items, like storage boxes.

For the bottom of the compartment I put in those plastic drawers for some store. They are separate drawers but I have them stacked two high.  It sure makes for easy organization. I do not leave my tow bar safety cables and other accessories  on the tow bar. They all fit easily into one of those storage drawers. The bays under the slide when the slides are out can be a bit of a bend over and reach especially if someone were to have any joint problems.

I have seen up close the full slide out drawers and my personal opinion is that there is more room for bigger items. 

Just my two cents worth.

Since I have had all 3 variety's...Pass thru storage under coach with no slides, pass thru with slides and storage attached to slides ( like Wayne ), I like my current pass thru with slides, but I'm not full timing!  If I was full time, then I would go with a Prevost, 2 slide out, 45 foot !

Carl