rfsod48

Door Awning Motor Replacement

Motor is rusted and doesn't work. Anyone replaced it themselves or is this best left to trained tech?

Roland.

Is it on the Bounder, what brand?  If you Goggle the manufacturer, with the Model number of the motor, you'll find out if they have discontinued it or it's still available.  Mine was no longer being made (Girard) and a replacement awning was $900 + Tax and S&H = $1,200.  I don't have one anymore! B)

If you can get a replacement, it will have instructions with it.  Works best with a helper.

Roland, if you can take it out, see if there is a electric motor repair shop in the phone book locally, or a place you can mail it. Maybe you can clean it up and put it back in?

Just a thought to save you a few $$

Joe is correct in trying to find someone to rebuild the motor. I would also try and find out where the moisture came from to cause the motor to rust. If you have it rebuilt or replaced you don't want the same thing to happen again.

Herman

Thanks all for the replies. I am going to try to remove the motor tomorrow and proceed from there. Just trying to get there coach ship shape before I sell it.

Roland