Hi.  We have a great & beautiful CC 40', however, we're thinking of buying a motorhome with more "creature comforts".  Can someone tell us their experience with Beaver Marquis?  We've seen some that have lots of comfort features and would like to know things like ... do they rattle going down the road? ... do they have lots of maintenance issues? .... or a specific known issue?  ...how good is the quality of interior & exterior?  ...can you still get parts for them?  Would appreciate honest &n sincere input. 

thanks,

Doug & Melanie Meeker

Doug.  Welcome to the Forum!

What year and model is your current CC 40 footer and what year and length Beaver are you looking at or for?

As a overview, the Beaver and CC, was at the top of the line up!  They where both built in Oregon.  Never heard off any ride issues or complaints about either chassis, don't know what you mean by "Creature comforts"?  With top of the line coach, you got quality!  Parts? Yes, just like CC.  The parent company for both was Monaco, when Monaco filed for Bankruptcy it dragged Country Coach, Beaver, Holiday Rambler and Safari down with it.  Today, all but CC is owned by Allide's division REV.  They have all the parts.  CC is owned by Winnebago as of 2015!

Carl  

Our 36' Monterey is now over 20 years old.... comfort? you bet.... does it rattle?? yes all of them do... interior is solid walnut cabinetry... exterior is fiberglass... we love the thing...google "Beaver Ambassadors"

Carl -- Monaco was never the parent company for Country Coach, as far as I know.

Doug -- the only comments I can make about Beaver is from personal observation of looking closely at several different models and years of the brand.  Very good craftsmanship and high quality build.  There is a dealer in Bend Oregon that still has a lot of parts available for the Beaver and I'm guessing there are others in Oregon, as well.  Bear in mind that many of the parts are not brand specific and are readily available (disregarding any obsolete components, which can happen to any older coach).  When we were looking, we focused on two brands -- Country Coach and Beaver.  We looked at others, but those two brands set our standards.

Most of the chassis parts for my 96 Monterey can be purchased at NAPA...  Beaver ambassadors has many "Secrets" to offer... i.e. my headlight switch is a NAPA Echlin DL6065 and can be had four blocks from me right now for $26.  Beaver Coach Services in Bend, oregon provided me a new baggage door at a reasonable price... they have most all parts.  It is savings like this that make ownership possible for us.  No way we can pull into the service bay of a dealer and rack up a $7500 bill to fix things.

It's surprising how many parts come from the Big Three. My headlight switch came from a 1968-1972 Corvette also got it from Napa. Head and tail lights from Ford. Monaco owned by AMC :lol::ph34r:?

In my opinion Beaver always built a nice solid coach. 

You are right I just orderd new headlights left/right and the amber corner lights for $98.38 from Car Parts Wholesale on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Auto-Light-Kit-Driver-Passenger-Side-325-323-328-3-Series-318-LH-RH-E36-M3/231934114235?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dd40bb1eee71f45d6b0db2b2204907788%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D29%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D112306983260

What is that old song "It payes to shop around" Lot's better than $375.00 each side +bulbes.

Bill

I have owned three Beavers, the last two were Marquis.  They have been excellent coaches and have performed with minimal service needs.  My current coach is a 2007 Marquis, 45 feet long.  It has been all over Alaska and across the US mainland, it has lots of power, lots of storage space and a beautiful interior.

A previous post stated that Beaver is now owned by Allied Specialty Vehicles but that is incorrect.  Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Oregon purchased all the rights to Beaver, including all documentation and the name.  Contact them for further information.  They are also an excellent source for parts and service.

Beaver Marquis are beautiful coaches.  my buddy's widow is trying to sell his 1996.  I would buy it but am upside down in my present coach.  It seems nicer than most of the newer units I have looked at.  No slides because it was actually designed not to need them. 

Nvjoe

I hope we hear back from the OP since the CC's would have had many creature comforts.  Not sure what he is looking for that he does not have or what could be updated to bring the current coach up to those extras he seems to feel he might be missing.  The CC line of coaches is/was one of the best in the industry so it could make more sense to spend some money to update the CC than buy an old Beaver with some features that the OP seems to be missing.  I would rather have a CC than a Beaver as many of the CC folks are still around and parts, service and support are still available.

I second Bill ##.:wub: The Miracles 1960 "You better shop around", more memories.:) I wonder how many white mice is necessary for critter comfort?

On 3/31/2017 at 2:04 PM, hermanmullins said:

JB,

A new baggage door, humm.?

Herman 

yep.....we had owned the new toy almost three weeks.... happened in my own back yard...