JohnHMarshall

Wholesale Warranties/Viking Protection Plan

We are about to purchase an extended warranty and are considering several options.

A strong contender is the Viking Protection Plan as offered by Wholesale Warranties.

Do any of you have experience with this plan?

And if so what was your experience?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Thanks,

John

This is an old thread but rather that starting a new thread I though I'd add to this one.  My three year XtraRide service contract expires on 10/15/18.   The quote I received from PPL Motorhomes for a new two year service contract from XtraRide, which is now only available from dealers, is astonishingly expensive -- $5,900 for one year or $6,300 for two years with a $200 deductible.   PPL must enjoy quite a margin on XtraRide contracts!!

The quote I received from Wholesale Warranties / Viking Protection is $5,800 for three years with a $200 deductible for my 2007 model year motorhome which works out to ~$1,900 per year.   My roof air conditioners are original which I think means they likely need to be replaced sometime in the next three years at a cost of $1500+ each (new A/C + labor) which would consume about half of the $5,800 premium for the Viking Protection service contract.  

Fortunately I've had zero problems with the engine and transmission but being now eleven years old who knows what could happen.  Engine and/or transmission problems could become very expensive very quickly.   When combined with likelihood of replacing the roof A/Cs, I think a new service contract from Viking Protection is worth the $5,800 cost and peace of mind.

What does the forum think?

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Mike, whatever you get, read the fine print or pay the low cost of an atty to look it over! 

Yeah, because it will have more holes in it than a 10# onion sack.